In the nick of time

WOW. Great paint work on that. Dying to build something like this after seeing so many of them here in the herd.

This is an incredibly cool build. I nearly fainted when I saw this coming together and then promptly collapsed when I saw the models painted. I am now trawling your back catalogue for continued inspiration. Just amazing work, so so so cool! Thanks for sharing.

Unreal. Man you crank them out and with style too - your display shelf - shelves - must be overflowing.

Great work.

I haven't had a chance to reply the last couple of days,my computer has been driving me mad.

Thank you all very much fellas!. ;D

Myke: Looking forward to see them.

asJarra: :D :D Glad you like them.

Scott: Your not wrong there. ;)

java said:
To get that effect, did you stipple with a brush, or perhaps use a sponge and lightly dab?

Do you mean the chipping?
Yes, it looks very random and scattered, which looks good. A lot of chipping i have seen usually is concentrated along edges, which i suppose is realistic too. But you've captured a very overall worn, used look.

Thanks.

This is the brush i used for the chipping.

It is achieved by stippling but it's more controlled stippling,firstly i will get some paint on the brush and practice a little on a bit of towel roll or spare plastic to get familiar with the shapes the brush makes as you stipple/dab,don't dap the whole brush head onto the area just use the edges of the brush so you only get small to medium chip formations, once you a have an idea of shapes the brush produces first get a dark/grey metallic colour and stipple/dab this on the areas you want,then go over the dark colour with a silver/aluminium to show the metal under the paintwork and get a three layered look to the paint.
When you have the chipping you desire either paint a little rust colour on the silver or a just weather over the top.

Hope it makes sense. :-\

Ladies and gentlemen a few teaser pics.

Alright then,here are the last 4 pics for this build up until June 30th when voting starts.

I was going to use the frame for the base but it was to small so i had to use a slightly bigger piece of wood. ;D

I don't know what it is. ::)

Some basework.

Now for a long wait. :(

Java, that just isn't fair! Posting so much and then holding back until the end...... :'( :'(

(Just giving you a hard time!)

Whatever you do it will be good, like most of your builds!!

I know i am being a little mean,but it all adds to the excitement,i think :-\ ;).

Latest posts

Back