In the nick of time

Thank you for the detailed right up! You must wonder around the house looking for things to put on a model. Great work so far!

Thanks everyone much appreciated.

I couldn't really say much on the gh build as i wasn't sure what parts i was using or going to use but because i have built a few of these already i can give you proper wip for it.

Got a huge bit done last night.

Next make a sort of small ball joint on each foot on the inner side so that the large claw can sit and give the look of free movement.
The claws are fingers from a hy gogg kit that i heated up and bent into a curved position.

Add some sharp tips to the fingers and also add a joint to the wrist for a more elongated look.

Back to the body,glue the largest shield armour you get with the raptor kit to the back lower part of the body,this will be between the legs when finished.

Sorry to jump straight to this part but my computer decided not to copy a few pics and i deleted them by accident. :-[

'll do my best to get you up to speed and try and make sense,Glue a thin piece of plastic over the flat part of the body,trim the small parts from the shoulder pieces then glue them at the side at an angled position.
Glue the smaller shield armour just behind the tanks.
Glue the shoulder camera on to the right side of the body and scratch a camera type thing to sit on the left tank.
Add a circular hatch to the top of the body
glue a very small box and an aerial stalk next to it opposite the shoulder camera.

To hold the legs i used some old robot figure legs,doesn't really matter what you use for this as they will be covered with putty/joint covers later.

Next the tail.

Grab 8 or 9 pe parts,the type used for joints and place them like this on a thick piece of rod.
Now don't all laugh at once but get a cheese string wrapper and cut a good length from the crinkled back part and glue around the tail.

Next get some garden wire,cut into small strips and wrap them in between the pe parts so that it has a puffy appearance.
Leave one end hanging for strap ends.

Next up get get some screw plugs/screw covers, not sure of the name so that's what i'll call them, cut each one in half and then snip a small bit of the sharp tip on the edge to smooth them out.
Then place these down the tail.
The part on the end of the tail is a 1/60 patlabor head sensor.

Use some 1/72 tank tracks and cut these in half and place them on the ends of the garden wire to give the appearance of straps.
Then glue the tail at the back,all done

Back to the head.

You can use any small round object but i use an eye from a uchikoma kit and glued in under the eye to make the rounded effect like a mouth.
Found some interesting shaped parts and glued them under the head representing greeblies,doesn't really matter what you use just as long as it looks rounded for a ma.k look.

You can use anything for the neck as it will be covered.

Ok here it is mostly glued together,The shoulder armour is not on yet and it still needs to be puttied/have the joints filled.
Oh yeah,place the hoses coming from the legs at the back under the armour behind the legs.
Forgot about that. :-[

Fewww ;)

Thats a whole lot of work going on there buddy :eek: , should look impressive when painted up ..good stuff.

Chris.

Thank you gentlemen for all your awesome comments. :)

Puttied the legs and feet joints and filled in gaps.
A little sanding and he'll be all ready for paint.

Wrapped a couple of layers of cheese string wrappers around the neck for the puffy material effect.

Next up will be an open suit and i was going to start it tonight after work but last night we rented out the new movie ,monsters.
Man it was is sooooooo boooooring i decided to make the suit during the film instead.

Here's how far i got

The front armour is from a old nitto S.a.f.s and the head area is form a new wave S.a.f.s.

Inside.

The back of the suit is the back from a new wave raptor kit and the folding down arm sections are the cut away parts from the nitto S.a.f.s front armour.
The inards are just greeblies from my bit boxes.

;D

Hey thanks ScaleModelDisciple. ;D

Not much done last night,attached the hatch and built a sensor on the front.

Hollowed out the helmet with the dremmel and stretched out the chin strap

I'll give em a lick of paint tomorrow and over the weekend.

Painting all finished,i still need to put there antenna/aerials on though but next will be the base.

Groberhund.

S.a.f.s velociraptor.

Open suit.

Helmet.

:)

Latest posts

Back