In the nick of time

java

No disintegrations
Hey everyone,i was gonna wait a little longer before i entered but you cant stop the building fever once it starts. ;)

Ok, so for the first part of my dio i'll be scratching/kitbashing a groberhund so it will look a little different to the original rainbow egg ma.k kit,but not to much.

I started a little bit last night and this morning.

[

Thanks Scott.

chest/body armour and wiring done.

Legs and arms next.

This looks fun. I love using junk to create things. Recycling at it's best.

Awesome!

Good to see you entering again this year. I love watching you make stuff from random objects and the like.

Looks like another winner here. 8)

noname:Thanks.
I love using junk to create things. Recycling at it's best.
Your not wrong there,you can make the coolest things from spares and the odd household item.

ScaleModelMadman:Thank you Ken,i don't know, lots of cool stuff being built,lot of competition.

Grendels:Thanks man.

Legs are done.

Gun arm done, needs a little filling though.

Start of the right arm.

Well ! that's Different !

Making your own Toys I see !!! All the better !

Looking forward to your next Update ! It fires the MIND ! on How you come up with these ???

anyway ! Best of luck and Don't Stop !!!!

Norm.

OUT !

schweinhund227:Thank you very much.

Quaralane:Yeah i was expecting a bit of a struggle with the legs but they went together no problem.

Ok,arms/legs all glued on and face/seams filled in.
The legs are filled,the top image is to show the head.

Shoulder/leg and elbow armour finished and will be placed on when painted.

I have nothing to do today so i'll be working on this and i'll post more progress a little later.

Built the hand and added some extra detail too the hand arm.

Attached the launchers.

Glued the leg and head armour on,also added some bolts and greeblies around the body and head.

That's it finished for now until i get to painting,tonight i'll start the second figure and post tomorrow.

Grendels,Quaralane:Thanks guys.
Thank you SLW45:are you sure your not a ma.k. builder at heart. ;)

Next build will be a s.a.f.s velociraptor.
I've built a few of these over on the ma.k forum and they are fairly quick to build as they use most of the kit part from the new wave S.a.f.s mkiii raptor kit.
So this wip should help if your interested in making one yourself.

First i built the raptors hatch and cut the rim off

Build only this part of the body for now.

Build the legs as it says in the instruction booklet but leave out the the joints at the bottom where the feet would go,i stupidly built my legs with the foot joints in but have removed them now. keep the legs in this position.

:)

Right then.
Find some old parts that will extend the legs like this and add the feet
Don't worry to much about the gaps between the feet and the leg as they will be filled in as joint covers later.

Next up get the leg armour from the raptor kit and cut horizontally through the middle of the amour and then glue like this.

That's the legs finished for now,next glue the chest piece to the body and grab the nearest kinder capsule and cut one piece to cover the lower hatch,one larger piece to cover the top of the hatch and a flatter piece to cover some of the lower body.
Make sure there is a hole for the neck to be placed.

For the tanks on it's back i used small sparkle tubes cut the tubes down to equal sizes and glue them on the back just under the flat bit of kinder capsule.

Get a plastic spoon and cut a big bit from the top and glue this under the tanks like this.
This is how it should look so far.

Build the gun arm and the hand arm like in the instructions,but not the hand.
You will need to use the main hand part and the thumb and the two biggest fingers to make a claw like this.
Don't glue the hand in yet as we will extend it later.

:)

Latest posts

Back