Imperial Stormtrooper from BanDai

Jaitea

Hey, this kit arrived on Monday from HLJ.....just over £20,....money well spent

As Wolf Star has already said in his thread, this is another very cleverly engineered kit

It is a joy,....even just to look at.....and drool

The box art is first class:
IMG_1541.jpg

...and inside....the parts!
IMG_1542.jpg
IMG_1543.jpg

The Armour:
IMG_1544.jpg
Look at how crisp & sharp the detail is,....and glossy
IMG_1545.jpg
IMG_1546.jpg

The black sprue with body glove parts, guns & hands
IMG_1547.jpg

...even parts of hands wrapped around the grip of the guns!!!!
IMG_1549.jpg

...again Decals or stickers
IMG_1551.jpg

The joints sprue [left of pic] are made of a rubbery material .....and the stand on the other sprue:
IMG_1552.jpg

Fantastic illustrations & artwork
IMG_1553.jpg
IMG_1554.jpg
IMG_1555.jpg
IMG_1556.jpg

and how the hands grip the weapons:
IMG_1557.jpg

I'll post images tonight about a wee mod to the helmet that was suggested in Starship Modeller

J

Thanks Wolf Star, apparently the R2 & TIE are available to pre-order now from HLJ

As I mentioned in my post earlier I read a post by Rogue Leader on Starship modeller site:
http://www.starshipmodeler.net/talk/viewtopic.php?p=1597973#1597973

...in it he had done a bit of photoshop to illustrate the modifications he was going to do to the kit:

Quote from: Rogue Leader
To give myself an idea of what the Storm/Sandtrooper will look like after a bit of plastic surgery I took a couple of the Gunjap images into photoshop.

bandai_stormtrooperfixed.jpg

For the front view I modified a few things. The top of the helmet has been raised so that there is a gap between the eyes and the mono-brow as most troopers appeared that way. The right thickness of plasticard will achieve that. I changed the shape of the eyes slightly and added more teeth, though I'm not sure how easy it will be to add them on the actual model. I also lowered the shoulder armour as that appears to contribute to the "low helmet" look. Lastly, I tightened his belt. Given how simple it is, it shouldn't be too hard to mod or scratch that if I decide to put in the effort.

Side comparison:
bandai_stormtrooperfixedside.jpg

For the side view I just raised the top of the helmet and tightened his belt, but I think it brings the figure closer to how I prefer the troopers to look.

The first part in construction is the helmet,....so I'll have a go at modifying the brow trim.....just a bit.....heres a look of some of the Stormtrooper helmets in the movies:

Hero helmet.....only 7 made for SW....designed for close ups....eg on the Rebel Blockade Runner....Han & Luke's costumes etc,.....these were more expensive,....they had moulded lenses & finer details

The brow trim looks to be a rubber piece so it moves up and down from shot to shot:

original-star-wars-stormtrooper-armor-helmet-hero.jpg

ANH_HD_Hero01.jpg
whole%20hero%20helm2.jpg
hi%20hero1.jpg
5208134296_b3e3cf4241_z.jpg

Im gonna try and make mine with a hint of a white line between the eyes & the brow by putting a thin bit of styrene in as Rogue Leader suggests

J

Well I added a bit of styrene which created a few gaps :'(......so I used some Squadron white filler....Its ended up creamy coloured,.....I might touch it up with paint

Stormiefixed2.jpg

Stormiefixed.jpg

Stormieback.jpg

stormie.jpg

Thats it at the minute

Thanks for looking

John

I would say judging by how shiny the white is unless you wanted to weather him painting is not needed

The wife got me one of these amazing kits for my birthday yesterday. So I will following along with great interest.

Some more progress

With neck:
Stormielookup.jpg
The body components:
bits.jpg
Trooper body assembled
Stormiefixed5.jpg
....and pretty adjustable
Stormiestraight.jpg
Stormielow.jpg
Stormielook.jpg

I've done a good bit more,....I'll post more pics later

I love this kit & BanDai's style,.....I've ordered the R2 & R5 kit.......can't wait

Thanks for looking
John

I got mine this week and I have not had time to open the box. Thanks for the post, I don't think I will be disappointed with it.

Thanks very much Q, John & G

Its definitely a fun build

OK......he's built

Still needs some painting on the helmet etc

IMG_1589.jpg
IMG_1588.jpg
IMG_1587.jpg

Thats me at the minute, very enjoyablr so-fare!!

John

Looks great! So far, I think my favorite part of the kit is the weapons, the detailing on them is so crisp.

Eh up buddy,top job on this one dude....can't wait for the speederbike rider to come out...
cheers j....peza ;D

I really like how this is heading. Very good and a much cheaper alternative to the Sideshow 1/6 figure.

Very good job on this kit!

OK.....rather than start another thread,....I'll post the Sandtrooper here

IMG_2850.jpg
P1070609.jpg
P1070610.jpg
P1070611.jpg
P1070612.jpg
P1070613.jpg
P1070614.jpg

J

Latest posts

Back