If You're Lucky Enough to Know a WWII Vet...

Jdog71

Ni!
Take a minute and thank him (or her) today. They are truly the greatest generation.

Exarkun77 said:
You're right.
And there is also a day to remember this, which is may the 8th.

The anniversary of Pearl Harbor is a good day to remember it too...I didn't realize there was some kind of limitation on honoring our vets, but thanks for letting me know.

Lue... a member at our church, plays the Banjo and Bones for service, i truley look up to the guy, you would know him when you see him, he has a curly mustache and a bright shiney personality!

i truly look up to this guy, beacuse he survived the war in the worst possible way! he was a Tail gunner in a B-26 Marauder, his plane was shot down over Germany by flak and he was captured and sent to a concentration camp! he survived, another guy who ironically flew in a B-26 the father of a very good friend of mine, who lived in the same town, met up with him, and described him as skin and bones!

i truly look up to Lue, and badly want to make a 1/48th scale B-26 Marauder in his honer.. and eventually, to thank him, that's what i will probably do, is make a replica of the plane he served with most.

13aceofspades13 said:
Lue... a member at our church, plays the Banjo and Bones for service, i truley look up to the guy, you would know him when you see him, he has a curly mustache and a bright shiney personality!

i truly look up to this guy, beacuse he survived the war in the worst possible way! he was a Tail gunner in a B-26 Marauder, his plane was shot down over Germany by flak and he was captured and sent to a concentration camp! he survived, another guy who ironically flew in a B-26 the father of a very good friend of mine, who lived in the same town, met up with him, and described him as skin and bones!

i truly look up to Lue, and badly want to make a 1/48th scale B-26 Marauder in his honer.. and eventually, to thank him, that's what i will probably do, is make a replica of the plane he served with most.

That's a great story Ace! Hope you get the B-26 put together for him, I'm sure he'll appreciate it.

Jdog71 said:
13aceofspades13 said:

First im doing a hellcat, then i plan to do the B-26, im sure i can find one somewhere...

That's a great story Ace! Hope you get the B-26 put together for him, I'm sure he'll appreciate it.

Jdog71 said:
The anniversary of Pearl Harbor is a good day to remember it too...I didn't realize there was some kind of limitation on honoring our vets, but thanks for letting me know.

Not what i meant.
I was rather saying that these days, we don't honor these people as we should.

Exarkun77 said:
Jdog71 said:

Not what i meant.
I was rather saying that these days, we don't honor these people as we should.

My mistake...not enough caffeine for me that day :)

so here is what i want to do, when i get the time, i am going to make 1 B-26 Marauder! and here is what i am going to do!

i know a guy who served during WWII as you know, Lue, and a family that i know well, had a other, who passed away of cancer, who was Either the bombarder, or... top turret gunner and engineer in the B-26 Marauder, one half is going to be Lues B-26, and the other is going to be the other half, thats the idea... it will be placed in my church as a dedication, it will be signed by all the veterans in the church!

I think everyday about a vet, my Dad.
He will tell stories when something triggers his memories.TV shows , book I have lying about ...
In the old country you didn't sign up, you were volenteered, an army truck rolled up and you were order into the army. Only reason he didn't go into his first battle was the fact that he didn't have shoes. After a few months he asked his officer if they get a uniform, the response....If you want a uniform, go kill a German.
The sad thing was that when he came to Canada he wanted to be a member of the Royal Canadian Legion Hall they have here. They refused him because he didn't fight on a recognized army.

Latest posts

Back