IAR 81C- building the 1/48 Icaerodesign resin kit

I want to add, too, that your pin-ups are becoming more subtle, in the colors and shading, really getting refined!

chukw said:
Thanks, Jason- once I get my shipping supplies in line I will open my webstore. Yee-HAW!! ;D

Whoa! An update at last! Marina is beside herself with excitement- read on!

Cool, looking forward to it Chuck.
Great update. Can't wait for the next update.

Jason

Thanks, gents!

It's been a while, and with reason. It's been a tough summer for my wife and I- we each lost our mothers in the space of seven weeks. Nothing was unexpected, but that did not make anything easier. To top it off, I've been struggling with health problems- but I have hopes that all will resolve without dire consequence. All in all, though- it's been a rough ride- and I appreciate your patience. This update is a bit compressed, detail-wise.

Cheers!
chuk

IAR_101.jpg

IAR_102.jpg

IAR_103.jpg

IAR_104.jpg

IAR_105.jpg

IAR_106.jpg

IAR_107.jpg

IAR_108.jpg

IAR_109.jpg

IAR_110.jpg

Lili_004.jpg

Welcome back, Chuck! I'm sorry to hear of your and your wife's losses, and I'll say a prayer for the ladies and for you both, too.

Do you find this work therapeutic? I know I do.

In the meantime, this is another great update! I'm trying to draw inspiration from your scratching techniques, and I look forward eagerly to each of your updates. And your eye for detail is just impressive! I never would have spotted the extended strut length. Good catch.

Thanks, Baron, for your kind words. As for that strut length, I must give credit where credit is due. A sharper-eyed Romanian modeler caught that error- those fellows are crazy about their plane! ;)

Here's the latest in this odyssey in resin and brass- take it away, Margo!

IAR_111.jpg

IAR_112.jpg

IAR_113.jpg

IAR_114.jpg

IAR_115.jpg

IAR_116.jpg

IAR_117.jpg

IAR_118.jpg

IAR_119.jpg

IAR_120.jpg

IAR_121.jpg

IAR_122.jpg

IAR_123.jpg

Margo_004.jpg

Homasote! I haven't heard that in years. When I was a kid, my dad built a tool shed and a dog house and sheathed them both with Homasote. Both structures held up to Pennsylvania winters for about 5 years.

I like the resistance soldiering rig--I may have to try that. I have an old Weller soldering iron, but I find it too imprecise for this kind of work.

Thanks, guys! Baron, I still have the Weller soldering gun my dad gave me when I was a kid. I could never work the dang thing then, but can finally get a good join with it. It must weigh ten ponds- ouch!

Man, I swear that I will beat this thing into a single unit if it kills me! :laugh: Here's magda- just in time for Halloween!

IAR_124.jpg

IAR_125.jpg

IAR_126.jpg

IAR_127.jpg

IAR_128.jpg

IAR_129.jpg

IAR_130.jpg

IAR_131.jpg

IAR_132.jpg

IAR_133.jpg

IAR_134.jpg

Magda_03.jpg

Another outstanding update Chuck. I'm digging the work throughs you're presenting for the problems encountered. Good tips and how-to's for sure...

Looking forward to the next update.

Jason

chukw said:
Thanks, guys! Hey Jason- have you gotten your book yet?

I was just about to send you a PM. It was here when I got home from work today. Just unwrapped it like ten minutes ago. Very cool. :)

Jason

I am in awe of your building skill :eek:.... I have not built a plane in many years although I have two in my stash.....after reading this I might just pull them out today and get a start!!! Thanks for the insparation!!!

Ciao Cioa

That, my friend is a real compliment- cheers! ;D

While unemployment sucks, it has given me more time for fussing with this tiny little fighter. I've gotten out my Big Hammer and nailed down some nasty loose ends- and shot some paint at last!

IAR_135.jpg

IAR_136.jpg

IAR_137.jpg

IAR_138.jpg

IAR_139.jpg

IAR_140.jpg

IAR_141.jpg

IAR_142.jpg

IAR_143.jpg

IAR_144.jpg

IAR_145.jpg

IAR_146.jpg

Margo_005.jpg

Then the Future coat must mean you're sliding into home! Color and painted markings are on- next come decals and weathering. Thanks, guys!

Latest posts

Back