I need suggestion for Russian tank Green

Tony lee

Opinion for Russian Tank Green:

I got Greens by Tamiya, Life Color, and Vallejo

If it's a green or shade of Green i've more than likely got it on the shelf.
I hear-- Tamiya-- Nato Green or Olive Drab
Life Color-- Dark Green, which looks like a light creamy green to me.
Vallejo-- All kinds of greens, light to black greens

Just close will be fine
Thank for any suggestions
Tony lee

Vallejo makes a Russian Green in the Model Color line, #894

Thing is, Russian Green (along with Panzer Grey) is one of those colors that the so called "experts" like to argue over, as to what Russian Green is supposed to look like.

Bottom line, there were many shades of Russian Green. It really depending on how much pigment was mixed with how much carrier, as well as what type of carrier was used. Usually some type of petroleum product was used to mix with the pigment. X amount of pigment with X amount of gasoline would result in a different color than the same amount of pigment and instead of gas, using kerosene, or diesel. Just depended on what the painters had to use at the time. Also depended on how the tank was painted. Did the painter use a mop? Air gun? Paint brush?

Many factors went into what the color of the paint looked like, so as long as you are close, no one can really say anything about it being the wrong color.

Now if you painted it US Olive Drab, or Pink, Yellow, Blue, Red....well it just isn't going to look right, but as long as you have a color that is close, once weathering and such is all done.....no one can say anything about it being the "right" or "wrong" color of green.

Thanks ECH, that's pretty much what I found while doing research for what brand to use.

Thanks again sir
Tony lee

Hey, Tony,

I think that the Tamiya´s would work fine. I´m not a deep-experience modeller, but I think that technically, they are OK.

If you are lookinf for a Russian 4BO color, here´s a recipe I´ve found some time ago:

•Base 4BO: Mix: 06 parts XF-61 Dark Green + 02 parts XF-49 Khaki + 02 parts XF-58 Olive Green.

•Highlights: add to the former Base 4BO a little more XF-49 plus XF-4 Yellow green.

And this is the Russian 4BO that you´ll get:

http://pzm-workshop.foroactivo.com/t17-gaz-67b-tamiya-1-48

I hope this could be useful to you...

Cheers, Tony
RG

Thanks so much Roberto i'll mix up that brew and give it a try.
Looks pretty good to me on my monitor.

Thanks Again my friend
Tony lee

Latest posts

Back