Howdy from Texas

Deere_driver

I've been following SMA since finding the Red Six build series on youtube several months ago, and I finally decided to join the Herd!

I build mostly aircraft and sci-fi but appreciate all genres. I'm looking forward to learning all I can from everyone here. There is some great work posted here, and I really enjoy the more laid back atmosphere. Maybe I can even manage something for the big spring contest.

Hey Deere ,
welcome from another Texan. I'm just south of Houston.
I agree that the mood here on this site is super cool . I look forward to some of your builds ...hopefully I'll be posting some photos very soon .
What 'sci-fi' subjects do you like ?
My dad just passed and he flew air sea rescue in the Grum Albatross so I think I'm gonna be building one next.
take care ...Keith

urumomo said:
Hey Deere ,
I agree that the mood here on this site is super cool . I look forward to some of your builds ...hopefully I'll be posting some photos very soon .
My dad just passed and he flew air sea rescue in the Grum Albatross so I think I'm gonna be building one next.
take care ...Keith
Thanks. I hope to make it to Model Mania later this month. It's been a good show the couple of times I've been. I hope to get something up soon, working on a Flying Sub for the big spring contest.
I especially enjoy Star Wars and Trek, but like most sci-fi subjects. I like building subjects with wide artistic license so my mistakes are less visible!

Condolences on the loss of your dad. I look forward to seeing the albatross when you get started.

Deere_driver said:
urumomo said:
Hey Deere ,
take care ...Keith
Thanks. I hope to make it to Model Mania later this month. It's been a good show the couple of times I've been. I hope to get something up soon, working on a Flying Sub for the big spring contest.
I especially enjoy Star Wars and Trek, but like most sci-fi subjects. I like building subjects with wide artistic license so my mistakes are less visible!

Condolences on the loss of your dad. I look forward to seeing the albatross when you get started.

What is Model Mania? And where? I don't live that far from Houston.

Model Mania is the 27th of this month and only about 30 min from my house . Check out IPMS-Houston.org or Google 'model mania 2013' .
Should be a really good show . The theme this time is 'Between the Wars '
I think anything built between 1919 and 1939 .

Grendels said:
Thanks! I found the page and will take a look.

It is usually a fun event, especially if you enjoy aircraft or armor. There is usually a good bit if sci-fi, as well. You are in College Station, right? I spent four years at A&M and really enjoyed the town.

Deere_driver said:
Grendels said:
Thanks! I found the page and will take a look.

It is usually a fun event, especially if you enjoy aircraft or armor. There is usually a good bit if sci-fi, as well. You are in College Station, right? I spent four years at A&M and really enjoyed the town.

Yep, I spend most of my time working with college students.

and I might be going to model mania, the wife thinks it might be interesting.

I will drop you a message if I am going. It all depends upon how far I get on my contest entry.

Hey Deere ,
Thanks about me dad .
I have my eye on the new Trumpeter 1/48 of that bird ... very nice. Very Nice.
And to you and Grendels ... post if you'll be there at Model Mania , I'll send yall my ph# via the direct contact to members here and ya'll can text your position if so desired .haha. I should be there unless something really bad or rally good happens..
Oh yeah ,, Deere -- is that a UFO sub ? ... let us know

Latest posts

Back