Horten hears a who?

That does look good. Nice preshading peaking through, nice colours. Maybe you should do more of these winged bits. ;)

Thanks for all the great replies guys.

Today is a super busy day but hopefully tonight I can grab some time to finish off the decals and get another picture up.

Hey Ken, how did you do the fuzzy mottle camouflage on the centre fuselage section? Video maybe, if you're ok with continuing to share the secrets of your modelling chops.

Thanks Spud, thanks Q. 8)

JMac said:
Hey Ken, how did you do the fuzzy mottle camouflage on the centre fuselage section? Video maybe, if you're ok with continuing to share the secrets of your modelling chops.

I know I don't do videos anymore but I do share my methods fairly often, August issue of Military in Scale, October issue of the same... upcoming November issue of Military Modelcraft International for example. ;) I try to be descriptive of my methods and techniques in my text, the pictures are only part of the equation.

The only thing I can attribute that pattern to is very thin paint, airbrushed at about 10 psi. Barely open the needle so you can hardly see a wet spot on the surface, slowly build up that color so you get that semi-translucent splotch. It's slow and very time consuming and may require cleaning the needle a bit but the results are what you see there. Takes a bit of getting used to but it's easily practiced on a piece of paper or similar.

hope that helps

Really super busy

No worries.

If I have some spare time, I'll try and get a bit of it on film and post it here in the thread, no full blown youtube production but a couple minutes or whatever. 8)

Ken,
This is thing is nothing short of smokin' hot! :eek:
Love it dude, the airbrush work shown here is second to none. At first look, I was real impressed for sure....then I started thinking about how small the fuselage and wing surface is in 1:72....and now I am blown away!

Thanks for the kind words Iain,

here's some pics with the decals, I have a few that still need some work. These things were a real bear, either due to age or they are just junk to begin with. Not fun lol.

3_zpsb2819d63.jpg
2_zps8e06fc71.jpg

...and yeah, this thing is 1/72 and kinda small but it runs on rocket fuel. ;D

4_zpsb7551043.jpg

LOL i saw that drink on the AK site last night, somehow i cant see it being a big seller ;D but ya never know :)

Wingy looks Slick Ken

Hey thanks guys!

I have no idea what it tastes like and most likely never will, it's just a neat thing to have for me is all.

*besides, it can't be sold here in the states just yet without FDA approval as far as I know. ;)

Latest posts

Back