HobbyBoss 1/35 ZTZ-99B of the PLA

hummingbird

Good day to you Gentlemen.

I have here another kit that I have been working on for quite some time. With every new addition added to the log, this one get push further and further behind along with 2 other kits on the bench.. It was a struggling effort to finish this as I cannot resist the call of the new additions but I pulled through and finished it finally.

As much as the kit is great, I couldn't resist getting the Voyager Upgrade kits for it. It did help with quite a bit with how the kit looks but there are a lot of stuffs on the upgrade kit that I didn't put on. In hindsight, I do regret spending money to buy the Voyager kit as the kit is great by itself.

The entire kit was painted with Mr.Hobby Aqueous as it was the most closest and best colours for the PLA vehicles.

The scheme is obviously the digital camo from the 60th Anniversary Parade but the turret number is my girlfriend's birthday, July 13, as she insisted that from now on, all the vehicle numbers are to be put on in this. I was going to build it absolutely weather free but I didn't like how it looks so I put on small amount of dust effects on the wheels, tracks and lower part of the hull to depict a vehicle that is going back to the garage/base by the end of parade.

Last time when I built my ZTD-05, I cut my own patterns and it resulted in crooked and uneven lines. So this time, I look around and found pre-made masks from J's Works. I jumped at the chance and bought it ASAP and using it makes me a happier man.

P1160243b.jpg

P1160247b.jpg

P1160246b.jpg

P1160254b.jpg

P1160245b.jpg

Well, that's about as much I can sum up about the build. More informations and more photos and bigger ones (4000X3000) can be found on my blog -

http://modeller-innovation.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/hobbyboss-135-ztz-99b-of-pla.html

Please do have a look and thank you so much in advance for any feedback you guys may have. C&C are welcomed. Just be gentle... LOL.

Thank you for always supporting and for the kind words and various encouragements.

Until the next launch.

Latest posts

Back