Hobby Boss 1/48 A-10A

You mean the one for the Hasegawa 1/48 F-16 that will be a bear to fit in the Tamiya 1/48 F-16. :p

Aires only made F-16 cockpits for the Hasegawa kits and just relabeled them for the other kits. I figured this out the hard way.

Dusky said:
You mean the one for the Hasegawa 1/48 F-16 that will be a bear to fit in the Tamiya 1/48 F-16. :p

Aires only made F-16 cockpits for the Hasegawa kits and just relabeled them for the other kits. I figured this out the hard way.
Well that explains why I had such a hard time when I built my Tamiya Aggressor a couple years ago. It was my first experience with resin and I was like man this is a pain!

I doubt it would have fit well in the Hasegawa kit either. Aires is notorious for being hard to fit.

Behind the times here Adam...completely missed this even as you mentioned it to me!!! Looking great by the way!! Love the AM office parts...much better!!! This tank killer is #1 on Bad A$$ planes that I want to ride in!! LOL!!! Keep it going!!

I have a buddy that is Active duty in the Air Force. I keep bugging him to get me near one of these things. These are the coolest planes ever!!!

Anyways, I got a little more work done on the office chair. I finished picking out the details and then gave it a light wash with AK's Dust effects. Then I sealed these in with a flat coat. Ill add the P.E. belts etc later this afternoon.

Here are pics of the seat (Pre-Flat Coat)
2012-11-18_11-48-58_663.jpg

2012-11-18_11-49-07_634.jpg

I hope you guys like it.

adampolo13 said:
I have a buddy that is Active duty in the Air Force. I keep bugging him to get me near one of these things. These are the coolest planes ever!!!

Anyways, I got a little more work done on the office chair. I finished picking out the details and then gave it a light wash with AK's Dust effects. Then I sealed these in with a flat coat. Ill add the P.E. belts etc later this afternoon.
Adam if the Air Force Thunderbirds ever do a show nearby you have to go. When I was stationed at Barksdale AFB, Louisiana they came to the base and did a show. Anyways they had the A-10 in the show. It was doing simulated attacks on targets in the airfield. They would come by, swoop down and undoad the 30mm gun on some dummy targets. It was AWESOME to see!!

A few more pics of the office:

2012-11-18_15-07-27_325.jpg

2012-11-18_15-07-18_5.jpg

2012-11-18_15-06-57_877.jpg

2012-11-18_15-06-32_496.jpg

Again, kit tub, Aires Set, Eduard P.E.

Thanks for watching!

Oh ya, this was the first time I've used Gator Acrylic glue. Two (2) word. PURE AWESOMENESS!!!

If you want to add black stripes to the yellow rails you can do it fairly easily with an ultra-fine point Sharpie.

The A-10's front office is looking nice, really looking the part. Carry on! :D

Wow nice work, the PE looks the biz.

Gotta love what is essentialy a mini gun with wings ;D

? is the A-10 a gun with a plane or a plane with a gun ::).....this is a cracking job,the office looks very good and I'am enjoying this blog keep it coming.

Thank you very much guys!!! I plan on doing a bit of dry fitting later tonight and will probably move on to the gun itself. The Eduard set gives you the P.E. to show the model with the gun exposed. So I'm going to figure out how that will happen. Slow and steady with this build, just gonna try to have fun. ;D

adampolo13 said:
You mean like this, but with paint???
Yeah thats pretty sweet. Showing the ammo drum and ammo belt. For some reason I was thinking that there was an option to show the gun but I think that was a different aircraft kit altogether.

You were probably thinking about this aircraft. Hobby Boss included the gun but gave no way to show it. Nice thing is Eduard fixed that. :)

Latest posts

Back