Hey. advice for a newcomer?

suburiboy

I am completely new to the hobby. I have been collecting Gundam for a while but never really did any "modeling", just snapping together because I like the looks and engineering. So, I have a rather large collection of those and I think it would be a great idea to start painting and/or modeling. What would be a good way to start? Any posts or sites I should go to? Should I start with something non-gundam? Really, any advice that could be given to a complete noob would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Suburi

Don't actually have any advice other than pick something you think you can handle, and dive in.

Welcome aboard

Hello Suburiboy

Welcome to SMA well just start by looking at what SMA members are doing and ask them how they will tell thats why we are on this site to talk shop and have fun building and ending up with a finished piece.
Have in mind what you want your model to look like very clean or heavily weathered in a diorama etc.and follow what you see in your mind by asking the questions to get there.

Have a look at this link for Gundam models and I saw some good builds here on SMA

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vegeta8259/sets/

XXXNITRO

I would just start a build on something that interest you and post it. Ask questions as you go, people will answer them.

Hello and Welcome!!

My best advise would be, not to spend your time thinking about the outcome of the model, just enjoy the time building it. As a beginner, having a model that didn't turn out as good as you hoped can be a bit of a disappointment. Pick up a few cheapy kits, experiment a little on then and then try it out on your model.

Oh yeah, and HAVE FUN!

I would also say that embrace the SMA saying: The goal is completion not perfection. Relax, enjoy and don't get too twisted about mistakes as that is how we all learn for next time. ;D

Latest posts

Back