Here comes Snoopy in his Sopwith Camel.

Thanks! I really took my time on that and I am pretty happy with it. The rest should move along faster now.

The top wing is definitely frustrating. I had to walk away a few times. Eventually after many cuss words and more than a few drops of superglue I was able to get it on and lined up.
I got it on. However, I'm going to need sprue goo or small bits of putty to bring the strut gap down on a couple of places. In the coming days I'll start on the lines

I've come across a problem that I can fix by drilling holes for the part to fit.
Unless I'm over looking this, I do not have holes to install the landing gear. Has anyone had this problem with theirs?

Screenshot_20231203_173614_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231203_174135_Gallery.jpg

I was wondering that too, Gary, and I was planning to do what Tim mentioned. I'm stopping for the night though. I'm at the stage of putting on the upper wing and I need to step away after trying to attach it for the past hour.

Made it back safely.
And my sister gave me an early birthday present.

2 firsts for me.
1) I have never attempted a 72
2) I never built a Hasegawa.

I've seen good reviews and bad reviews of the brand. So, I'll be able to judge this myself.

I have a friend who was in the US Army he was a chief mechanic and door-gunner on a black hawk helicopter.
I might give it to him after I complete it.

View attachment 109481
Surprised you e never done a Hasegawa kit. I recall building that kit in my teen years in the 80s or early 90s. Good kit.

I was wondering that too, Gary, and I was planning to do what Tim mentioned. I'm stopping for the night though. I'm at the stage of putting on the upper wing and I need to step away after trying to attach it for the past hour.
Well, Mike, I have to warn ya, the top wing was a real pain in the butt! After 2 - 3 days I got it on the best I could even though I'll have to do a little patchwork for the gaps between the strut and wing.

Well, this is a bummer! I will never be able to match this color. I used about 4 different colors to achieve that shade.
I wasn't ready to seal it all in yet. Once I "patch" this one I'll have to seal it.

20231204_101211.jpg

I've come across a problem that I can fix by drilling holes for the part to fit.
Unless I'm over looking this, I do not have holes to install the landing gear. Has anyone had this problem with theirs?

View attachment 109779

View attachment 109780
The 2 holes that your arrows are pointing at in the middle of the wing are the one's I used. I then drilled out 2 holes under the cowl for the front pins. Pantherman

20231124_211931.jpg

Made it back safely.
And my sister gave me an early birthday present.

2 firsts for me.
1) I have never attempted a 72
2) I never built a Hasegawa.

I've seen good reviews and bad reviews of the brand. So, I'll be able to judge this myself.

I have a friend who was in the US Army he was a chief mechanic and door-gunner on a black hawk helicopter.
I might give it to him after I complete it.

View attachment 109481
I just picked this kit up myself. Really cheap on Amazon

I had just finished the Navy Seahawk version and was interested in doing the other variants

I just picked this kit up myself. Really cheap on Amazon

I had just finished the Navy Seahawk version and was interested in doing the other variants
I've read that helicopters are challenging builds?
I'm giving this to an Army buddy. He was a Crew Chief/door-gunner on a Blackhawk.

Just decals and rigging left.

I'm a little off kilter in my top wing, but at this point I do not care because it was a devil to put on. I like biplane, However, I think I'm going to wait a long time, if ever before I do another one.
I'm not entirely happy with my work on this build. I think trying to get the top wing on and line up just right was more like playing Jenga with my blocks falling down.
I do like my paint job and wood effects. I never did wood effects before, I think that part turned out OK.
It seems with each build I learn something new.this time was the wood, as I mentioned and the other was trying to achieve a canvas look.
I lost my tail landing hook, so I had to fashion one from old sprue.

Why did the bicycle fall over?

Because it was two tired.

20231206_003119.jpg

20231206_002019.jpg

20231206_002010.jpg

20231206_001944.jpg

20231206_001936.jpg

Latest posts

Back