Heinkel 219 uhu

zappa

Hi guys,
This is my second airplane in a long time.
The tamiya heinkel 219 uhu. I've build it in flight with the gear half retracted, so it looks like he's about to land.
I had a hell of a time with the long seam on top of the fuselage, it neede lots of sanding thus panel lines needed to be rescribed, and let me tell ya I had fun with that...NOT.

It was a bit of disappointment but hey it is what it is.
The paint job is a what if scheme of squiggles and mottle.

Feeling kind of " meh" about it, but I completed it and the next flying thing will be better :).
Some pics.

image-20_zps4d07ec86.jpg

image-20_zps42679ae3.jpg

image-20_zps358b5f84.jpg

image-20_zps2a5a3f8b.jpg

Looks pretty darned good ta me! Got one of those collecting dust around here somewhere too. If I ever get this tank finished .... lol. Nice to see you branching out there Zappa.

Bullet 21 ,don't get me wrong it looks ok, but in the hands of a seasond aircraft moddeler this is a top lass model.
I'm just bummed at the spot where I could not get rid of the seamlines and was not able to rescribe the panel lines properly.

I also realized that I need to add the wires/antennas what ever those things are :)

What I need is more practise, thus of to the hobby store and " invest" in my skills :D

Zappa

Dont be so hard on yourself ,thats a great job Zappa , but your next will be even better ;)

Chris.

Nice Zappa. I totally agree with Chris, great job. :)

First modeling tool I ever bought was an Exacto blade. Slit my finger on the very first pass. Okay maybe I didn't slit my finger but it was my first modeling tool and I still use it today. Sucker is about 35 years old. It keeps on going and so will you. I agree with the other chaps. Stick with it and your "skills" will come. Be patient and keep in mind that each new build is new practice! And with each new build your skills will always improve.
For the record that looks like a tough plane to build with all that bling hanging on it's nose but you did it justice. Very nice indeed.

Thanks for the encuridgements (is this spelled correct?), I'm working om my rescribing panel lines ( wich is essential for aircraft) on a couple of aircraft build so I will master it with patience.

Zappa

Arguably one of Tamiya's finest 1/48 scale props. I love this kit, you've done a fantastic job! The landing gear are especially tricky to assemble.

Aaron

Great Job, and real nice display

dont be too hard on yourself it looks top notch to me mate ;)

great work

Latest posts

Back