hawaiian armor

Wow, some really nice detailing going on here. The tracks look great too!

Will you be able to see any of that firewall in the finished build?

doog good to see you.

actually i will have all hatches open so some might be seen. for me it was just to keep myself exercising these newish learned things. i dont want to lose what i have gained in actually getting the scratched detail to look like something.

joe

update time.

first up. painted the interior up. still not glued in but close for sure.

interior-14_zps9c88092b.jpg

interior-13_zps81153e27.jpg

interior-12_zps73093b01.jpg

interior-11_zpse4852658.jpg

comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.

joe

and then mocked up with construction on the exterior almost finished.

mock-up-3_zps793401d2.jpg

mock-up-4_zpsfd962b43.jpg

mock-up-5_zpsf00228b5.jpg

mock-up-2_zps66dc69d1.jpg

mock-up-1_zps25da1bc4.jpg

so moving right along. still have a couple of things that are not attached to the exterior but thinking they wont be attached until after paint. also haven't gotten the mg's mounted. going to paint them up and such before attaching them.

so again, comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.

joe

Steady as she goes!! Doing a fine job Joe!! Keep up the great work!! ;)

Joe, your interior detailing looks excellent, painted 8)

As what TRM said, steady as she goes, lookin good ;D

many thanks, appreciate the kind words.

hopefully i will get some more done tonight.

joe

well after quite a dry spell i have some things to report.

first up was the painting.

i started out with flat black for shadows. i then sprayed od. trying to keep the panels in place. i then went with a od/flat white mix to gain some panel fading. i then went over the lines again with od/flat black.

painted-2_zps2d73e057.jpg

painted-1_zps0cd33481.jpg

up next was the rare decals that can be seen in the photo.

decals-1_zpsef9dd92e.jpg

decals-2_zpsab9766ed.jpg

not happy with the pics. they dont do the color justice. i have also coated it with future. next up is a coat of future to prep for some weathering and such.

joe

Very cool looking :) If I remember correctly from the books I read on U.S. military the Hawaii tanks belongs to the 79th Tank Battalion of the 25th Infantry Division based in Hawaii in 1941.

many thanks for your kind words.

the tanks of dec 1941 appear to be of the 11th tank company. much of the information is however very hard to find. just about as hard to find as pictures of the equipment.

joe

OOoops, missed the past couple of updates here Joe...but thoroughly enjoyed playing catch up!! Lovely in terior and the outside is really shaping up!! Keep it coming!! ;)

well here i am yet again. way too long between updates.

i spent a little time working on some subtle weathering. in the pic the armor looks pretty pristine other than some streaking. so with that in mind.

oils-1_zps97e9fa72.jpg

oils-2_zpseb527856.jpg

oils-3_zps1648da80.jpg

oils-4_zps0b537fec.jpg

oils-5_zpsda219304.jpg

i used oils and several different shades. would tell you what they were but to be honest i didnt pay much attention to the name just the shade. not entirely displeased with it. looks better in person. only the second time i have tried to use oils for streaking and first time it came out looking somewhat like streaks.

joe

Latest posts

Back