Have a modeling Christmas? Whatcha get?

Grendels said:
I got one of these for Christmas too!!
Guess, as it has been released right before holidays, there would be plenty of happy modelers recieving it)) Do You already have any special ideas for this beauty, Grendels?

I gotta package from mecha skunk with a whole bunch of awesome aftermarket parts..pretty stoked ;D

Grendels said:
Solander said:
I'm a few days prior receiving a FineMolds 1/72 Millennium Falcon, which I've been presented by my GF. The kit is waiting for almost a week in a customs office, as they are always incredibly slow on holidays, so, I gues, it must be not too much more to wait. Dreaming of how I would tear the packing and open the box each night ;D

I got one of these for Christmas too!! Mine was not delayed in customs though, along with it I got a 1/500 Space Battleship Yamato from starblazers and a vf-25f Messiah valkyrie alto custom.
That Messiah is soooo Nice 8)

MrNatural said:
I gotta package from mecha skunk with a whole bunch of awesome aftermarket parts..pretty stoked ;D
I could of used some of these.... 8)

Solander said:
Grendels said:
I got one of these for Christmas too!!
Guess, as it has been released right before holidays, there would be plenty of happy modelers recieving it)) Do You already have any special ideas for this beauty, Grendels?

No special plans as of yet other than to add some lights to her. It will be a while before I touch it. I need to work on my paint skills first. I got it mainly because the last production run went fast and the price of the kit went crazy on ebay shortly there after......

And the Messiah kit is something else. Quite a few parts, and only a few of them are recognizable. Most of them just look like random bits of plastic. It has 13 sprues and more parts than most of the models I have worked with. In fact I think the falcon kit might be the only one I have with more parts!! I am sure when you put them together it will make a great kit.

Solander said:
I'm a few days prior receiving a FineMolds 1/72 Millennium Falcon, which I've been presented by my GF. The kit is waiting for almost a week in a customs office, as they are always incredibly slow on holidays, so, I gues, it must be not too much more to wait. Dreaming of how I would tear the packing and open the box each night ;D

I too got my falcon - mine came a week or so before christmas, and no customs charge !! :D
group build anyone? ;)

A Fine Molds 1/72 BMF for me...
millenniumfalcon01.jpg

900+ parts... should take me until next Christmas ;D

Unless this group build goes ahead.

Grendels said:
That would be one hell of a group build. And a long one, this thing is a monster!!!

Agreed completely! And would definitely participate in order the GB would last for around...mmm.. 2 or 3 years ;D
I've got plenty of ideas for this one: complete lighting, automatically retractable ramp, maybe even the interior from the MPC cutaway kit in order I realize how to fit it without harm for the hull. And to put it all on the base, depicting the Cloud City landing platform.

My girl bought me a great Iwata airbrush to replace my old Masters. I also got a nice Iwata airbrush cleaner jar that you spray the brush into. Wahoooo. Lots of airbrushing coming up. I also picked up a Smoke and the Bandit kit, Slave 1, Batmobile Kit, and Snowspeeder kit for my upcoming dio setup. Merry Christmas SMA!!! Happy New Year and my what ever god , or gods, or aliens you worship bless you for the upcoming year!!!!!!

I wouldn't mind a group build, but I have other projects I have to finish while working on it. So at first it would be a really slow build.

So many FM Falcons, so little time. LOL. Congrats on all the plastic everyone. Pretty darn cool. As for me - I got a Snuggie.

Scott Girvan said:
So many FM Falcons, so little time. LOL. Congrats on all the plastic everyone. Pretty darn cool. As for me - I got a Snuggie.

OH....that just has to be in the next video!

Scott Girvan said:

What's a "snuggie"? ???

... and a Slanket is a blanket with sleeves.
green_slanket_thumb.jpg

From my wife I got a Revell 1/32 Arado AR196 A-3 and the Tamiya 1/32 Supermarine Spitfire Mk.IXc :eek:

What a wonderful Christmas!

@ DXM, Splashcoat & Grendels - thanks for getting me up to speed on the wide world of blankets.

@ SteveL - 1:32 Supermarine Spitfire ;D that will be sweet

Latest posts

Back