Hasegawa 1/72 VF-11B Thunderbolt

hummingbird

Hello all, First every thread and show case here ( and not to mention Major noob in Aircraft )

I tried to squeeze what amount of time and energy I have left (I work Night Shift) to finished this as it was a gift from a dear and close friend. He was kind enough to send it to me in surprise so I figure I might as well make good work out of it.

Nothing special about this, just a quick Fun work ( actually took me about 5 weeks :/ ). Followed a shading method I saw on a forum ( I forgot the username so I couldn't credit him properly, so sorry about that) and used FloryModels pigment, FloryModels Washes, MIG Pigments and MIG wash. Everything has been painted with Tamiya Acrylic. The colour Scheme is my own custom and a mix of almost everything that was within my sight LOOL.

The weathering is done in a sense that it has been going through one missions after another that it has become fairly dirty. The jets from the Macross universe are really fast so I figured paint fades would be quick and not to mention they can transform so they can and will get weathered pretty much. I added some black soot on the thrusters on the Dorsal (back) side. I added some dust effects as well on the Dorsal air intake and some amount of fading and weathering effect on the large main air intakes. (I am a SUPER noob at Aircraft and its weathering )

I hope that everybody will like it. I tried my best to make this kit as good as it can get but I still made some boo-boos but nothing I can't improve on in the next build. And most importantly, I hope my friend will like this as I will be sending this back to him as a gift along a 1/48 P-51D Mustang ...

here are the photos - enjoy
ThunderBolt1.jpg

ThunderBolt2.jpg

ThunderBolt11.jpg

ThunderBolt8.jpg

ThunderBolt22.jpg

ThunderBolt23.jpg

ThunderBolt16.jpg

ThunderBolt25.jpg

Please do drop in on the Photo bucket album to see more as I don't want to put up too much on the forum and slow up everybody -
http://s1001.photobucket.com/albums/af133/hummingbird2012/1-72%20VF11B%20ThunderBolt/

You can also visit my FB page album for easier viewing then the Photobucket album -
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.379505402134423.93973.176463732438592&type=3

Thank you all for viewing and thanks in advance for the support and most of all, Thank you Steve for the kit .. It was a fun build.

Wow this is great work Hummingbird!!! The weathering is heavy but not fake looking, it looks very realistic to something that has flown a lot. Nice job!

letsgobrowns82 said:
Wow this is great work Hummingbird!!! The weathering is heavy but not fake looking, it looks very realistic to something that has flown a lot. Nice job!

Thank you browns... thanks so much for the great feedback.. I was worried the weathering would not be that realistic ... glad I was wrong ....

Impressiv one, really like the design of that fighter!

You're painting job looks great! ;)

chriss67 said:
:eek: AWESOME paintwork&weathering! what else ya got up your sleeve ;)

Thank you ... and the answer to the question is this - http://www.scalemodeladdict.com/index.php/topic,7743.0.html and MAny other Gundams models. .. Keep your eyes open on the Sci-fi section .. :)

Fork Virus said:
Beautiful paint job on the veritech fight.

Thank you soo much .. It was a huge undertaking and Im glad the paint job came out like this and everybody like it

Quaralane said:

Why Thank you so much

Latest posts

Back