Hasbro 29" Millennium Falcon Conversion

Looks brilliant John, the colours add so much & are spot on,....Oh & guess who's back for Episode 7????

Nien-Nunb.jpg

Looking Bad-ass

J

Holy smokes.

I actually think I like the randy cooper sidewalls better than the ilm ones. They have real working depth to them.

Since this is what, your third falcon, do you have any changes to your paint plan?

Also, when doing a base coat of this size, do you still airbrush it?

Thanks for all the great comments guys! And regarding the RC parts I totally agree, I think they make it look so much better....can't believe I'd ever say that lol. I'm using an airbrush and I will still be sticking to my fav scheme the colourful ESB 32" version ;)

Yep the RC parts look more functional,....like they are there to do something

The Falcon looks meaner & more powerful with those on her

J

I REALLY need to get those RC parts, contest prize be damned. He's got me on his list for the next batch of PE at least...

Well Scott me old mate, there's not actually any chipping on these panels....apart from one at the back near the two grey squares, that was just maskol dabbed on before the red went down. I'm still unsure of what weathering technique to use.......ILM did airbrushing and splattering....I used pigments with my FM one and for this.....I may just use enamel based stuff......dunno!

Nick I get that and like that 8)

Thanks mate, haven't had a chance to look yet!
My ten month old little boy decided it would be a good idea to eat my nice 3d printed cockpit this morning:
A05B6E80-8223-4340-AA00-A43F832E7BA9_zps0yv6gupm.jpg
Luckily it's holding lol
F0A1F3F7-49A9-44E6-96BC-EED0480C11FE_zpsqzgcg1ub.jpg

I've never spent much time researching the 5 footer, but are the panels pretty much the same as on the 32"?

Which one does this follow?

The one thing I noticed about the 5 ANH falcon is that there is some chipping on the grey panels (whereas the chipping is only on the red panels for the ESB falcon)

Thanks guys, yes the chipping is only on the red panels (Han used cheap Mos Eisley paint for those!) and I'm going for the ESB falcon set in ROTJ, with non canon add on parts.....confusing eh? Lol

Latest posts

Back