Group Builds

Fett2303

My backpacks got jets!
I know this maybe a stupid question to most, but what is a group build? How exactly does it work? Does everyone build something from the same period or the same model? I'm just not familiar with "Group Builds". I thought it was people who got together and worked on the same exact model together, but I saw people doing the builds live in different places so thats out of the reasoning? Can someone shoot me a definition. Thanks ;)

Group build encourage to make models (mostly form our stock) in some specific time. They can be either builds of the same model or just from the same period or topic.
So basically it's a bunch of people making similar models in some period of time sharing information on techniques, idea etc.
More or less ;)
If I’m mistaken pleas correct me.
Cheers

The advantage of a group build is that you can share information and encourage each other. For instance with my DO217 I came across a great reference and posted that up to help out other builders doing German aircraft for the Battle of Britain group build. I got encouragement to finish when by build started to stall.

Instead of researching your build, you basically have all the participants help you out too.

Fett2303 said:
I know this maybe a stupid question to most, but what is a group build? How exactly does it work? Does everyone build something from the same period or the same model? I'm just not familiar with "Group Builds". I thought it was people who got together and worked on the same exact model together, but I saw people doing the builds live in different places so thats out of the reasoning? Can someone shoot me a definition. Thanks ;)

Basically what they said. It's a support group for a given subject and kinda a "challenge" call out for you to do a specific model/subject in a given time period. Sometimes there's prizes as a reward for completion as well but that's usually out of the norm.

Really, you can eat dinner yourself but sometimes, it's more fun to eat dinner with all your friends right? That's basically it.

Group Builds I've seen have certain rules to it so it also staying in the confines of those rules. There's special Interest Group Build where you build a specifc model (Tamiya's 1/48 Marder II kit only) or a specific subject (P-51 Mustang Build). There's more wider subject like from a certain battle or theatre of war. And there's grander stuff that's suppose to give you a challenge like the up coming Sci-Fi/Fantasy Movie and TV Scene build.

It's a support group with confined guidelines. Some people like to do it, some don't. Thus why I'm a stickler of staying within certain rules.

Thanks all for your posts. Sounds great. I'll have to see about possibly catching the next go round.

Latest posts

Back