Group Build Ideas

ScarredKustoms

Whatcha building!?
Have a couple ideas for groups builds. One was brought up before on the forum. A Death Race/Car Wars build.

Could be like the cars from the movies Death Race 2000(with David Carradine, and Sylvester Stallone)
Death Race, Death Race 2, Doomsday, Mad Max... etc or Cars like James Bond would drive. Basically any vehicle that would help you get through a traffic jam rather quickly with maximum destruction.

And the one I thought of today... Redneck Games Group Build. (I can say redneck cuz I is one ... lol)

Redneck Games Group build would include:
Mud Drag Trucks (Vehicles)
Monster Trucks(Vehicles)
Tractor Pull Vehicles
Demo Derby cars
Rock Crawlers
Off Road/Mud Bog Vehicles
Swamp Buggies
Dirt Track Cars
Etc.

Wanted to get everyone input and see how much interest there would be in either of these group builds.

Personally I'd like to do the death race/mad max idea - but not until the current GBs are finished and after the contest.

I think that would be a great theme for car guys, sci-fi guys and armor guys. Air guys too I guess (there was that little copter in mad max after all.)

I remember see a great mad max style build with a cross bow on the roof - can't find it again though. It was on someones blog. really cool bit of modeling.

if your into the death race, and race car thing, i can post my 1969 corvette stingray road ace, it aint no death racer, but she is a beauty, and if it was real, i bet it would be a hard car to catch with its supercharged 2,000HP engine!

you could start a WWII forum, i could showcase my builds, tanks, diorama, planes....

Any group builds we run are for builds that have not been started. As for a WWII forum, well post the tanks in ARMOR and the planes in AIR etc... I'm not about to start making a pile of sub forums - simple is best.

Scott Girvan said:
Any group builds we run are for builds that have not been started. As for a WWII forum, well post the tanks in ARMOR and the planes in AIR etc... I'm not about to start making a pile of sub forums - simple is best.

when i said WWII forum i meant to say a WWII group build.

some of the stuff i have, is already built, or is already featured, or has been frequently featured already. like my Ace Of Spades P-51... but if it does happen i have a idea....

Jingles, why wouldn't you run a group build again? I have never taken any part in a group build. Just curious. I'm not even sure what they are all about, I just assumed everyone builds something to do with whatever the theme is within a certain amount of time. :-\ :-\ Dunno

The reason I brought up the redneck games idea was from looking through my parts and was trying to think of things to build and remembered all the tractor pulls I had seen growing up. Thought it would be cool to build a multi-engine pro-modified tractor.

Fairfield-IL-2010-R0358_500.jpg

But I defiantly will be up for a battle cars build when ever.

i built a small group build, it was called Aces High Showdown, the idea was to make up youre own ace fighter pilot, and make a scale replica fighter after him or her, it didnt go to well though, i only got a few guys to really participate, and in the end i was really the only one that posted anything major that i can remember.

Don't get discouraged with lack of participation. After all we have/ had half a dozen group builds going all at the same time, We are just a little spread thin right now. Some of these ideas might be better suited as a special category for another contest.

Once these two GBs wrap up we are going to focus on having one a time - encouraging maximum participation.

Jingles, honestly I"m not sure - either auto or sci-fi. I would think sci-fi actually. It is fiction right?

Not sure f you seen the TV show Ultimate Warrior - they put a warrior from one era against another and measure their weapons/defenses etc... It would be cool to do a GB like this sometime....I think we will.

Going to have to check out the group builds that are going now. Maybe I'll jump on one just to see what they are all about.

Jeep said:
Don't get discouraged with lack of participation. After all we have/ had half a dozen group builds going all at the same time, We are just a little spread thin right now. Some of these ideas might be better suited as a special category for another contest.

ooh im not discouraged. XD

Jingles said:
ScarredKustoms said:
Jingles, why wouldn't you run a group build again?

I just didn't enjoy the GB moderating experience for more reasons than I care to go into.

13aceofspades13 said:
if your into the death race, and race car thing, i can post my 1969 corvette stingray road ace, it aint no death racer, but she is a beauty, and if it was real, i bet it would be a hard car to catch with its supercharged 2,000HP engine!

I think the only thing your car has in common with a Death Race car... is the word car...

2,000HP will give you grunt but there'll be no turning corners on those skinny tires

XD agreed, its not a death race car, as i stated, i really dont have a death racer to enter and wont have the time to make one so, i was simply stating the closest thing i could enter was my Vette

1969corvetteroadace2.jpg
and the front tires on it aren't very skinny, they are actually wider then i wanted them to be, the origional tires with the 1968 Corvette race car kit was what i wanted on it, but i had to use these wider tires instead, also this is more of the race car frame, not really a dragster, the supercharger jutting out of the hood can be Deceiving. the issue would not be weither not i could corner, but weither or not i could control the car around one, ans 2,000HP is a lot when most race cars of its type only have 500 to 800HP

but with that aside, i think it would be a great idea, a death race group build, perhaps i could cook up something... i would not take a already existing car, i would probably make something of my own...

you know we could also do some sort of minny figure group build, lots of people seem to do some awesome Minny figures here!

Jingles said:
Scott Girvan said:
Jingles, honestly I"m not sure - either auto or sci-fi. I would think sci-fi actually. It is fiction right?

Yep! Now I just have to wait...

Scott Girvan said:
Not sure f you seen the TV show Ultimate Warrior... It would be cool to do a GB like this sometime....I think we will.

Cool! A figure only GB! :)

Jingles.

do fighter pilots apply for ultimate warrior? i have not posted my entire "Ace Of Spades" collection as a whole feature yet, and that would be perfect. if not i can make a 1/48th scale miny figure of a special group i came up with

(i have too much of a imagination...)

Latest posts

Back