Greetings from the Midwest

Dusky

Greetings from the currently rainy midwest. I'm a fairly inexperienced modeler. I can handle the construction part, but I fail at painting and I still can't find the right brand of paint. I've been building up my stash for awhile, but haven't done much building and no finishing. I build a little bit of everything from WWII and up, mostly 1/35 tanks and 1/48 airplanes, but I also have a couple of cars and Gundams.

ModelFreak72 said:
Welcome to the herd! What paints have you tried and what's going on with the paint you're using?

I'm moving away from enamels. MM Enamels and Tamiya acrylics are the only paints I can get locally. Tamiya sprays fine, but the color selection and inability to brush paint with it are a pain. Vallejo can be brush painted fairly easily, but it has poor adhesion and many of the colors have heavy metals in them. GW paints are a pain all around and I'd have to mix nearly every color I would need. I have picked up a few LifeColor and Guzne, both Aqueous and Mr. Color, but haven't had much chance to test them yet.

Latest posts

Back