Greetings from Iraq

tigertanktoo

Greetings to all here. My name is Chris Carney and I am from Griffin Ga. I am currently working in Iraq along with the US Airforce in training the Iraqi airforce on maintenance and logistics. My job is working with their fleet of MI-17 and MI-171 russian made helicopters. My hobby is building WW2 german armor and figures, usually in 1/35th scale, but every once in awhile (like now) I'll build a 1/16th scale figure. Currently I am building Dragons "Sturmmann Ardennes 1944" MG 42 gunner. If anyone would like to see some of my meager work, they are more than welcome to visit my facebook page. Enjoy and have fun.

Chris
"A day without model building is like a day in Iraq.
It just plain sucks!!"

Welcome to the Herd, Chris.

And know that I appreciate what you're trying to do over there

Quaralane said:
Welcome to the Herd, Chris.

And know that I appreciate what you're trying to do over there

Thank you very much, and know that everyone here appreciates all your support and well wishes.

Welcome to SMA! Great to have you here.

Always amazes me how we can be all over the world yet we're all HERE.

God bless.

Scott Girvan said:
Always amazes me how we can be all over the world yet we're all HERE.

Thank you Scott. The internet can be a wonderful thing (especially when it's working right). I'm looking forward to posting many more here and can't wait to see the outcome of the 2nd spring contest.

Chris in Iraq.

Hello and Welcome
Any chance of some exclusive photos of tank and plain graveyards from Iraq?
Cheers

Welcome Chris... I also would like to say THANKS for your service!

Thanks everyone for the very warm welcome. I look forward to having a good time and learning alot from everybody. Biskup, we don't have an aircraft graveyard here, but we do have a tank and artillery boneyard. As soon as some of the mud dries a little more, I'll try and get in there to get some shots for you. Thanks again everyone. Later tomaters.

Chris in Iraq.

HEY CHRIS !! Welcome to th HERD . I too Thank you for your Service !!! Thanx for all that you do !!

tigertanktoo said:
Thanks everyone for the very warm welcome. I look forward to having a good time and learning alot from everybody. Biskup, we don't have an aircraft graveyard here, but we do have a tank and artillery boneyard. As soon as some of the mud dries a little more, I'll try and get in there to get some shots for you. Thanks again everyone. Later tomaters.

Chris in Iraq.
That would be so cool :)

Latest posts

Back