Greetings from Fort Collins, CO!

Cave_Dweller

Hey dudes, I've discovered this site from a few videos on YouTube and I like the broad focus of the site, it's not devoted solely to tanks or cars or whatever.

I've been building models since I was 5, but not on any regular basis and I've taken many LONG breaks. I'm 33 now and have recently got the fever again, and have been expanding my toolset and skillset. I've recently gotten into oils thanks to ScaleModelMadman's excellent tutorial on weathering with oils on youtube, really good stuff...I can't believe how good they look!

Mainly I love to build sci fi kits, especially powered armor type stuff, some mecha. My first kit ever was a Dorvack powered armor in '83 or so, and now that they've re-released them I've been importing the kits from Japan. I've also bought a Maschinen Krieger Luna Pawn kit but haven't put it together, but I'm seriously looking forward to it and more of them.

I also do warhammer 40k and want to start experimenting with the oils on them to see how realistic I can make them look.

Lately I've been having a hankering to build a modern military armor like a Stryker or Bradley or something cool like that, but the queue has already gotten pretty big and I could easily see myself spending insane amounts of money on this stuff....lol.

Anyways, great site here and I look forward to posting some pics of my models and getting/giving advice! :D

Latest posts

Back