good macro capable camera

Dagger6actual

I've been away from building scale models for over 10 years....you guys have progressed SO much in that time. I had this old Verlinden kit that had two AF service carts in it - I had started them and put them back in the box. So I decided to finish them. I guess I should shoot it with a matt finish...open to suggestions.
As you can see I need a good, affordable camera capable of better macro photography than what I have here. Something that does video and I can snatch stills from. What are you folks using??
:-\AFServicecart1_zps0f5ab476.jpg

Yup, I use a Panasonic Lumix set to food setting. Works great for this subject.

Sony HDR-PJ26V.
For stills I use a Canon 5D with a series of lenses EF 24-70 F/4.0L IS, EF 100 F/2.8L Macro IS, etc.

I have a cannon ELPH 100 that works well. For video I use a Sony handicam HDR-CX150 Does pretty good video and has one heck of a zoom.

Like Blacksheep1 if I want to get serious I pull out the Cannon 7D with the same lens he is using.

I also have a Canon 7D with a variety of lenses including a dedicated macro, but more often than not I use the wayyyyy smaller canon S100. For most things any recent compact camera should work just fine.

I use a 5D MkII but that's not cheap your looking at 4 grand including macro lens.

just for macro i would pick up a second hand sigma 100mm macro lens and either a Nikon or Cannon body within your budget

:-*
Ravhin said:
I also have a Canon 7D with a variety of lenses including a dedicated macro, but more often than not I use the wayyyyy smaller canon S100. For most things any recent compact camera should work just fine.

I too do this. A small pocket cam will work just fine for everyday use. It is my go to camera at my hobby bench.

Latest posts

Back