Beat that horse - Camera Question

hook1169

"220 221 Whatever it takes" - Mr. Mom , M. Keaton
I am sure this has been asked many times before, but I did not have much locating any previous posts with the info i was looking for. So let's "beat that dead horse"

So I read Ian's thread on photography for scale modelling and it was a ton of help for stills. My old point and shoot Pentax is slowly dying as it has had a pretty rough life being my hiking partner over the years. Anyway, to the point. I want to be able to do more blogging/vlogging of my builds. I wonder if there is a camera that does both stills and video well that you guys use? Or do you have separate setups? My main focus is figuring out what I am going to use for recording my videos, as I can get by with my Droid and some better lighting as of now for stills. I would like to know what those of you who do post video's use for your camera of choice. Also what tool you use for editing would be helpful as well.

I would like to keep a good balance of price and quality. Any recommendations or current setups would be very helpful.

Thanks all.

I actually use two separate cameras for my work.
Have an older Vado HD camera for the video, and I use an even older Samsung S85 for my still work

Questions for you hook1169.

- How important is the size of the camera? Do you need it to be super portable?
- Are you on Windows or Mac?
- What kind of budget are you looking at?

Ian said:
Questions for you hook1169.

- How important is the size of the camera? Do you need it to be super portable?
- Are you on Windows or Mac?
- What kind of budget are you looking at?

Size is not important to me
Windows currently,
$400-600 is my budget, but of course if there are less expensive options I am open ;D , I should also add I am open to spending more for a good universal product. But was initially hoping to stay within my current budget.

I appreciate your advice Ian, thanks much.

Ian I appreciate your help on this. And that is definitely within my price range.. My B-day is right around the corner, I think I know what is at the top of my list!

Thanks again!

I have had a lot of problems with Adobe elements in the past, and quit using it when I built the computer I am using now. I don't know if Adobe has changed their ways, but when I installed elements, it would just crash this computer.

When I called customer support, there really wasn't any. If you are using premiere, they have support, but not much for elements. That is because they make most of their money off of photoshop and the higher end software.

I would try Corel video studio x6. You get a free 30 trial that is full featured, and the product itself is pretty cheap.

http://www.corel.com/corel/product/index.jsp?1=1&trkid=USsemKWS&storeKey=us&pid=prod4900075&gclid=CKnQ2aD5tLsCFWJo7Aodjz8A3w

Latest posts

Back