G'Day, G'day

Bouryaki

Remember, "Lifes the Journey, Not the destination"
Hi fella's & ladies,

My journey to this forum is via Youtube and in particular watching SMA and SMConsortiums' videos, both are very well put together, entertaining and informative.

My son (now 13) gave me the excuse to get back into modelling after a 30+ year break and wow haven't things changed, back 'in the day' all we had was gloss humbrol paints and tube cement. I am really loving all of the 'new' stuff in modelling such as Acrylic paints, Spray guns, little drills, the list goes on.

When I was a little fella (pre and early teens) we only had the 'local toy store' and I would happily spend hours looking at their huge selection of models and figures. They probably only had about 50 items in their total range. So can you imagine how much time I waste now with the aid of the internet searching through catalogues from 'toy stores' from around the world.

From what I've read in the forums so far, I can see that you have a good community here and I look forward being part of it.

Thanks.

Craig.

CRAIG,

welcome back to th Hobby & Welcome to th HERD . I can't think of a better reason to get back into th Hobby than to sit Down & Model with your Son !! I have a 2 1/2 year old Daughter .. I already have her coming into th "Panzer Shoppe" asking questions & she Knows what a Tank looks like !!

There has been a Whirl Wind of Change in th Hobby in th last 20 ... even 10 , heck even in th last 5 years ! It seems like everything is moving at Light Speed. I believe this IS Truly the Golden Age of the Hobby !!

This is an Awesome Community !! Any Questions you have feel free to ask ... Remember ... the only Stupid question is the One not Asked !!

Model-on Brotha' !! Pull up a Chair & let's scrape some Plastic !!

I'll see ya on th Boards !!

Thanks all for the welcome and great words of encouragement.

panzerace007 said:
I can't think of a better reason to get back into th Hobby than to sit Down & Model with your Son !! I have a 2 1/2 year old Daughter .. I already have her coming into th "Panzer Shoppe" asking questions & she Knows what a Tank looks like !!

There has been a Whirl Wind of Change in th Hobby in th last 20 ... even 10 , heck even in th last 5 years ! It seems like everything is moving at Light Speed. I believe this IS Truly the Golden Age of the Hobby !!

Panzerace007; I also have a daughter aged 10 who occasionally sits down and does some painting with me. It's great to spend time with the kids (especially when you are doing something that you enjoy). Without a doubt it is the 'Golden age' of the hobby.

Anyway I'll see you all soon around the forum.

Hey Mate,

I was away for several years myself. I needed my fix and am glad to be back in modeling. It's my drug therapy. Hence the Scale Model Addict is the perfect support group to be in.

Glad your back.
Welcome aboard!
John

Hey there Craig,
There is nothing better than gluing and painting plastic with ya son. I too enjoy a shared interest with my 13yr old. He is watching DreamKnight going thru his paces on those videos right at this very moment as I am typing. He loves the hobby as much as me. We have side-by-side modelling benches. Enjoy and Welcome!
cheers,
FW190

Welcome aboard mate!
Looking forward to seeing your work

My dad got me hooked into modeling!

Cheers
John
USA

Latest posts

Back