Future Saftey

Jez

Hi Guys, I have made a couple of kits using enamels (although i am switching to arcylics with the next kit) and I managed to track down a bottle of Future floor wax and will begin to gloss my kits for weathering using oil paints. Although I am unsure what will happen to my future if I use terpentine and white spirits to thin the oils? Will this attack the floor wax? And what is a good product to clean Future out of my airbrush?

Future will create a barrier between your base coat and your washes, turpentine and white spirits shouldn't hurt it too much, I wouldn't try lacquer thinner however.

Good ole plain blue windex will clean future from your airbrush very nicely.

I use Future as a barrier when I do oil washes and use thinners with no problems.

Well! There you have half of your question answered!

Now. When time comes to clean the air brush .....just after you have sprayed Future...
I mean right after! Don't wait! flush your airbrush with Windex ( with Amonia )....

Many times.... Then disaasemble and clean the parts in more Windex w/Amonia!

When reassembled! Flush with a little airbrush cleaner! And you'll be Ok!

It's cheap! And available anywhere! Saves on your good air brush cleaner!

Good luck!

When I airbrush Future, I clean with pure ammonia. I haven't used windex to clean the air brush with. But I will second what Norm said, I also use an air brush cleaner after I spray with Ammonia to flush that out and to lubricate everything.

I have not yet found anything that will eat through future, other than ammonia. Remember it was designed to be walked upon. So it will be tough.

I clean my airbrush with IPA and windex after Future. IPA will eat through Future.

Latest posts

Back