Frank n Jagdpanther

T55MBT

I'm working on a kit bashed jagdpanther, turning it into a late war frank -n- tank

I used the wheels on another kit, so steel wheels are being used, which are not painted and a panzer yellow colored gun barrel on a dark green upper & lower hull

I want to show the wheels new from the factory and need to know if they have the red brown primer color in a spray can

These two seem to be the closest to the color needed
Ts-1 Red Brown Spray TAM 85001
Ts-33 Dull Red Spray (Hull Red) TAM 85033

I'm working on a kit bashed jagdpanther, turning it into a late war frank -n- tank

I used the wheels on another kit, so steel wheels are being used, which are not painted and a panzer yellow colored gun barrel on a dark green upper & lower hull

I want to show the wheels new from the factory and need to know if they have the red brown primer color in a spray can
Do you have any photos to show your build this far? It's nice to see how fellow modelers work.
Pantherman

Well, this sux

I'm ready to paint the wheels and start the build when I find out the engine hatch is missing

I found another hatch, but it doesn't have the two air vents, so until I find the vents I can't complete it

Just my thoughts.....
It might be a play on words,as in "Frankenstein"...... Man made of other's parts...
"Frank'n Tank".... Tank made up using some parts from other Tanks?!
Just a guess,but possible?! ;)

Okay....do you have any reference pics of said Frank n tigers as I have never heard of it. I know the Germans used incomplete tanks towards the end especially in the defence of Berlin and they used turrets built on top of concrete bunkers, but I have never heard of the existance of a heavy tank battalion equiped with such creations.

Phil

Okay....do you have any reference pics of said Frank n tigers as I have never heard of it. I know the Germans used incomplete tanks towards the end especially in the defence of Berlin and they used turrets built on top of concrete bunkers, but I have never heard of the existance of a heavy tank battalion equiped with such creations.

Phil
Don't quote me here...
... But I get the feeling it's not based on anything in particular,let alone a complete Battalion.... Was just a "What if" type of thing?!....
I'm sure the occasional "Freak" Tank happened through adversity....

Don't quote me here...
... But I get the feeling it's not based on anything in particular,let alone a complete Battalion.... Was just a "What if" type of thing?!....
I'm sure the occasional "Freak" Tank happened through adversity....
Fair enough.

Tiger-Gruppe Fehrmann - Germany 1945

3294466_50839798c4c47943b64fbb5749510593_t.jpgfoto_11_v_17311534_1479671912095411_1262778990_o-6c9af915f87ea023a852120890cd8d5c.jpg

What I'm doing with the jagdpanther is something you could have seen near the end of WW II ... I'm working outside the box

I am not expert on these things but to me that looks just like a late Tiger 1. So what you are saying is that you are constructing a "fantasy" tank which is based really upon your imagination. Have I got that right? I am not trying to be difficult, just trying to get my head around what your project is because if I am correct and it is a fantasy vehicle, why would you worry about paint color etc. Take Panthermans pink Panther avatar as an example.

Phil

I am not expert on these things but to me that looks just like a late Tiger 1. So what you are saying is that you are constructing a "fantasy" tank which is based really upon your imagination. Have I got that right? I am not trying to be difficult, just trying to get my head around what your project is because if I am correct and it is a fantasy vehicle, why would you worry about paint color etc. Take Panthermans pink Panther avatar as an example.

Phil
Early turret on a late hull

Latest posts

Back