FM 1/48 Snowspeeder

tmajor

I finished this kit about 4 or 5 months ago but have just now gotten around to shooting it.

It was painted with Tamiya Acrylics and weathered with oils and pigments. The orange markings were done using the hairspray technique. In future with colours such as orange I'll use masking fluid as when I wet the paint to release it, the orange bled into the base coat and stained it a bit. Not to badly, but not as clean as I'd like.

Little extras I added were cockpit seat belts made with Tamiya masking tape and dressed up with some Gundam waterslide decals which were also used for some of the cockpit controls.

The paint is a bit rough in spots where I missed buffing the primer coat but overall overall I'm happy with the result.

FM_Snowspeeder_0009_view_10.jpg
FM_Snowspeeder_0001_view_02.jpg
FM_Snowspeeder_0002_view_03.jpg
FM_Snowspeeder_0004_view_05.jpg
FM_Snowspeeder_0006_view_07.jpg
FM_Snowspeeder_0007_view_08.jpg
FM_Snowspeeder_0008_view_09.jpg
FM_Snowspeeder_0015_view_16.jpg
FM_Snowspeeder_0014_view_15.jpg

Cheers.

but overall overall I'm happy with the result....

Ahhh, ya think? Man, that is gorgeous. Really. I think you nailed the weathering on this. It does operate in snow...so it wouldn't be filthy...I think you nailed it.

And the photos are very impressive too.

Off the hook, brother! Fantastic build. The cockpit and pilots...WOW! Bill.

I've never purchased a FM kit but from what I read about and see their level of detail is outstanding. You should be proud of that paint job. That's great.

This is probably my favorite Star Wars ship and you have done an amazing job here! I have to get the Fine Molds version as all I currently have is the MPC/ERTL kit. Very nice work!

Tremendous work! The weathering is just right I would say. Really sharp build too. 8)

Thanks very much for the kind comments all!

Glorfindel said:
I've never purchased a FM kit but from what I read about and see their level of detail is outstanding.

The detail on this kit is great as it is on the other FM kits I've picked up. (1/48 Tie, 1/72 X-Wing and 1/72 Y-Wing) Not to mention that this kit needed hardly any seam repair, if any, at least I can't rememeber doing any :)

Awesome job man! I have one of these kits in my stash i've been dieing to start up. You may have just inspired me to crack it open!

Thanks all!

MrNatural said:
Awesome job man! I have one of these kits in my stash i've been dieing to start up. You may have just inspired me to crack it open!

Definitely crack it open!

She looks Great!!!!
And definitely better than the old MPC kits I have here. Especially the pilots!
;D

:eek: Oh I missed that one.... Wicked ! Awesome.... and other "Cool" adjectives....

I have that very same kit and want to do it justice just like you have done.... very well done....

Number 1 in my Book !

Take good care of it.... she's a keeper !

schweinhund227 & ModelMakerMike

Thanks so much for the comments and explicit use of adjectives :)

Latest posts

Back