First with the Ford Class Carrier model ?

txMaL4Q.jpg
USS Chancellorsville amid a replenishment-at-sea with the aircraft carrier USS Ronald Reagan.

WZAQ3Ho.jpg
USS Chancellorsville CG-62

Last edited:
Oh yeah ,
you said " I had awoken that morning and was heading out to the smoke deck ..."

For cigs ?
I thought the Navy went smoke free .
They were threatening to do it back when I left in '91 .
:D all the smokers in my division were freaking out
No atleast not in 2007 we still smoke and sold them in the ships store. On the amphib there was only one smoke deck and that happened to be the same place the fuel lines connected during an unrep.

Unreps sucked for smokers because that shit closed the smoke deck for a bit so we would sneak out in the cat walk below the port side flight deck. One night they closed the smoke deck and my self and a few Marines snuck out to the cat walk .. I'll never forget just how dark it was, once I opened that hatch it was like stepping out into complete blackness truely scary cause you couldn't see the metal cage floor of the cat walk or the railings.

The smoking lamp is out ship-wide during unrep .

The best piss I ever took was from the port catwalk at night with a full moon .
We were doing probably 30 knots .
Those whitecaps in the wake shooting by far below ...

The smoking lamp is out ship-wide during unrep .

The best piss I ever took was from the port catwalk at night with a full moon .
We were doing probably 30 knots .
Those whitecaps in the wake shooting by far below ...
I know the lamp was out but thats just a recommendation when it comes to a pissed of bunch of Marines lol

You could always smoke down in the plant .
Only nukes can go in there though .
We never have to worry about anyone else screwing with us . You need dosimetry to go past that pressure balanced door .

We were in Newport News and I was rebuilding a valve right inside the access to 2 plant , right off the mess decks by the coffee service , and I had the door wedged open because it was friggin hot as hell in there .
Some white-shirt safety chief came up and started barking some BS so I just kicked the wedge loose and the door slammed shut in his face , LOL
See Ya !
...never to be seen again

Latest posts

Back