First Post - M1126 Stryker (wip)

SatchboogieUK

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum, but I've been visiting for the past few days after subscribing to ScaleModelAddict's youtube channel (He is one seriously talented modeller! as are many, many others who's work I've seen on this forum) so this is my first post. I've been modelling since I was a kid, my dad got me into 1/72 scale tanks when I was about 8 or so, I couldnt paint them to save my life but I loved building them and after I built up a collection of a few hundred of them I moved onto 1/35 scale. Over the years I've practiced painting my own kits and now, 15 years or so later I'm still terrible lol.

Anyway, I've been working on Trumpeter's M1126 for the past few days and I though I'd make an account on SMA to show some progress pics (I only just decided to do this after I began painting the kit so these are the earliest pictures of the project I have)

I still have a lot of weathering to do on her but I'm pretty much finished with the airbrushing at this stage so Here's what she looks like so far:

IMG_1119.jpg

IMG_1118.jpg

IMG_1117.jpg

IMG_1120.jpg

Hope you like it!

More pics to come once I've done some chipping and pigment work. I'm also waiting for a stowage set in the post so I should have some pics of her all kitted out soon.

Cheers!
Jonny.

SATCH ,

Dude .... You are way too harsh on yourself ! This Stryker looks Very Good !! Excellant work ! I'm lookin' forward to th weathering ...... That's like th Gravy to a Great piece of Meat !!

Take a breather .. You deserve it ... Go Surfin' with an Alien !! ;D

I agree with the others it looks really well painted as it is, can't wait to see it after the weathering

Nice work Jonny

I agree with the others! The road dust effect really works well.

Thanks for the warm welcome and encouraging words guys!

Here's a quick update on my progress: Today I managed to dirty and dust up all of the under side of the wheel arches and I also dirtied the road wheels/tyres and slight amounts around the arches. I don't really want to go overboard with the pigments on this one because once I'd finished modulating it I was amazed by the detail on the kit, especially on the upper half of the chassis.

I'm waiting before I begin to weather any higher up on the vehicle because I'm still waiting on a stowage set coming from Korea and I don't want to weather her top half until I have attached all of the stowage I'll be using, so with that in mind here's some quick pics of the work I've done on the wheels, arches and surrounding areas:

Here's the process for attaching the dirt:
IMG_1125.jpg

And here's the dry pigment with the dirty road wheels attached:
IMG_1126.jpg

Unfortunately that's all I have to show for today, but I'll be back shortly with some better pics of the model closer to completion.

Thanks for looking and thanks again!
Jonny.

JONNY ,

Yeah Baby !! Great job on th Undercarriage ! Man .... That really PoPS !! Awesome job !! Very Realistic !

Really Nice work there Jonny. The Color and pre-dusting came out good and the heavy dirt/mud looks the part for sure. Looking forward to more! :D

Cheers again guys!

Finally making some headway on this project as my stowage set has arrived. I was just wondering if anyone could give me any reference material on what colour the duffle bags, backpacks and folding beds should be? any info would be a massive help!

Cheers,
Jonny.

SatchboogieUK,
Looks terrific!! You've got that Stryker looking "Mean & Green".
Thanks for sharing. Bill.

Latest posts

Back