FineMolds 1/48 Snowspeeder

very cool looking and the pilots are really good compared to the original kit.

I have one of these in the stash. Been wanting to take a crack at it. Very nice. What did U use for the base coats.

Thanks everyone!

The basecoats....primer was Vallejo Gray Primer, first coat was Tamiya Medium Gray, I picked that because it was a warmer gray. Then chips were applied and the final coat was a 50/50 mix of Model Master FS Light Gray and Camouflage Gray. White panels were Tamiya Flat White, orange was Tamiya Orange with a touch of Flat Red.

This is very impressive work. I especially like your weathering technique on this.

Thanks! Finally did the panel lining and a light wash in some areas.
Finally made my socket for the stand lastnight and got it cemented in the model. Just ordered some Woodland Scenic Snow for the base and some possible snow accumulation on the Speeder itself. Thinking I'll make use of the kit supplied stand and just redo it rather than go with the wooden plaque like I originally planned.

Anxious to finish this up and get to my first BSC entry!

Finally called it quits on the top surface. I kept correcting the pigments and adding more and taking some off and adding more. So I left it as is and put a flat clearcoat on the top.

FineMolds 1/48 Incom T-47 Snowspeeder: http://youtu.be/6ciKco8EyPk

Looks really fantastic, Mandoman, such clean work, I could never do that :)

What are you planning for the base apart from snow? Is it on it's own or are there other models/elements involved?

Barry

Thank you kind sir! I'm extremely critical of my own work so I don't see what others see I suppose! I was just planning to use the kit supplied base, just make a socket for the brass rod and a simple snow top. I don't have much else to go with this kit. Planning a Dio in 1/72 scale though!

Small update guys! If you're enjoying my progress please take a moment to like, comment or subscribe! Thanks :)

FineMolds 1/48 Incom T-47 Snowspeeder-Update 1: http://youtu.be/VQqWf3ROSog

Latest posts

Back