Fine Molds - Tie Interceptor

Can't wait for FM to release that baby in 1/48th !!! to go with the others...

Nice in 72nd but a little tinny !

I have both the 72nd and 48th Tie but... it would be nice if FM surprised us with
something like that !!!

Yumm!

I'm digging the effect on the solar panels, where You've put the accent on the spotty texture!
Thumbs up, mate!

Thanks gents.

Sol, I can't take credit for any accenting. It's just Tamiya semi-gloss black. It picks up the light really nicely as the Fine Molds detail is just beautiful. Just a shame I still have to flat coat it as it won't look the same.

Well I got it all wrong at the end! Removed the masking to discover the primer had leaked at almost every edge around the canopy.

Did my best to clean it up with a cocktail stick and a sharp piece of plastic, I also stupidly scratched it with my exacto blade in a few places where the primer was too thick. I polished it up with some Klear and got it looking as best I could. You can still see white around the edges, though I'm afraid. :-[

Still, this was supposed to be a fun, quick build and that's exactly what it was. Definately gonna build one of these again and hopefully improve on it.

2012-02-25_14-50-26_855.jpg

2012-02-25_14-51-09_188.jpg

Oh yes, and I missed an instruction in the paints. There should be a panel here with a different shade, but I figure they're not all gonna look the same, right?

2012-02-25_14-52-06_484.jpg

2012-02-25_14-56-19_191.jpg

Obligatory 'Comin to getcha' shot.

2012-02-25_14-56-40_601.jpg

The base is just a mix of Tamiya chrome silver and gloss black.

2012-02-25_14-49-51_281.jpg

Thanks for reading guys. Bit of a boring one until the end there, but was fun. :)

Thanks Grendels and Mr N!

I think this is the first kit I've built that I would actually like to build again. Soon. ;D

Great work. If you didn't point out the mistakes (let's just call them a technique hiccup), I'd have never noticed. I'd be proud to display that on my shelf!

Thanks Jon, Sol and Gags.

Gags, it's the 1/72nd scale. Wish Fine Molds would build a 1/48th.

Thanks John, Mike and Q! :)

@Mike, I'd love to give this guy a wing/solar panel man or 2. I haven't glued him onto the base so perhaps I could build a dio of some sort in the future.

Back