Falke Armoured Raider with Excimer Laser Gun

Lincoln Wright

Hey guys, here's a Falke for AK Interactive's "The Weathering Magazine" volume 3, "Chipping". These are some extra photos I shot that probably won't be used, hope you don't mind the preview.

Thanks for looking, hope you like it.

Linc

Excimer-AK-Chipping-Casio_8.jpeg

Excimer-AK-Chipping-Casio_7.jpeg

Excimer-AK-Chipping-Casio_5.jpeg

Excimer-AK-Chipping-Casio_6.jpeg

Looks great!
I really like the way you achieved the chipped paint and metal feel of the kit!
Bravo! ;D

Wow, another thread I missed. This is awesomeness squared!

Beautiful job Linc, Love it.

Slew of replies, thanks guys!! By the

Thanks Diego Q and that's a nice website you have, fine works.

Appreciated Jmac, cool WIP list!

Ken Abrams thanks a bunch mate, really glad you like it! What secret awesome sauce project are you working on!?!

JM69 cheers!

LGB82 - hey hey, its not AK for AK!

Yes, the AK fluids are very nifty and work super well with the thinner acrylics - Tamiya, Vallejo and Lifecolor. Ive yet to try them with Japanese lacquers like Gaia Notes and Mr. Color. This is done with a generic product bought here in Tokyo but I'm pretty sure you can either get it from somewhere like HLJ or use a local equivalent.

The Weathering Magazine have encouraged the use of other (not AK) products to provide better thematic coverage and make sure that it's state of the art as Mig likes to call it and not just a big ad. I'm Tokyo based so see both new wacky Japan techniques as well as old Goldie's from people like Kow Yokoyama and Max Watanabe as well as my own hybrid of east meets west. (I'm Aussie!) The Weathering Magazine seems like a cool place to showcase them in English for the first time.

Hope that doesn't sound too spammy but it seemed like an opportunity to share something from the inside so to speak.

P.S. not hairspray either, I just realized on re-reading my post that it sounds like I used generic hairspray. It was done with silicon mould release agent.

Latest posts

Back