F1 Prediction Game 2013 season

Well anyone who thinks Mark Webber has equal equipment needs to have their head examined. It's happened far too often this year. Mark should have left that team long ago. I hope young Daniel gets better treatment.

Webby, that could well be true. Vettel said he could get another tenth or 2 from another run, however Martin Brundle said in commentary that that sounded like he felt it was negligible. We don't know who's idea it was, but I'm sure Vettel had a say. An extra set of fresh tyres is always nice if you can get it.

Got to also mention the booing on the podium. Respect to Vettel for putting up with it. I don't always like his attitude, but he handles those situations well. "They're on tour, they follow me round in a bus". ;D

He can be funny at times but gawd it gets boring when he pulls out a lead like that, 2 secs a lap is crazy

The reliability thing was something we talked about a couple of weeks ago at work.
I think there is a lot to be said for the fact that Seb's driving style is easier on the car and if you are out in front it makes it much easier to manage tyre wear, engine temps, engine mode etc.

I can see why people booo but I don't have a problem with the guy.
he gets the best out the car race after race, is always first to thank the team from the pit wall, through the garage and back to the factory (maybe not the other side of the garage)

People always want to hate on someone at the top of their game, and the fact he has an amazing team behind
him makes red bull the force they are.

have you seen the penalty webber has got? 10 place grid penalty for not getting stuards permission to go onto teh track, wtf he was already on it??????

An Alonso got a reprimand for stooping on the track,

Also Grosjean got one also for the guy filling his air tank not wearing a helmet, now why he got that is beond me because he had no direct control of what was happening, its the team should get that.

spud said:
have you seen the penalty webber has got? 10 place grid penalty for not getting stuards permission to go onto teh track, wtf he was already on it??????

An Alonso got a reprimand for stooping on the track,

It was something to do with 3 reprimands over the course of the season for Webber. I thought it was a lovely gesture seen as he's leaving the sport soon. It's just Mark's luck unfortunately.

Also Grosjean got one also for the guy filling his air tank not wearing a helmet, now why he got that is beond me because he had no direct control of what was happening, its the team should get that.

And that guy was a Renault employee. As far as I'm aware he's not even on the Lotus payroll. I guess it must be Lotus' responsibility to ensure his safety in their pits. Not Romain's fault though.

All we can hope for is some competitive racing for the remainder of the season. This is Vettel's era for sure, but with the new regulations next year, things should be shaken up.

It's also noteworthy that if it wasn't for the tyre changes mid-season, Red Bull might not be as strong as they are right now.

I put a lot of the problems with competitiveness this season down to Pirelli making poor tyres at the start of the season. Most of the teams couldn't "get to grips" with them, and we've seen a lot of confusion as a result of the mid-season change.

If they get things right next year, we should be back to business as usual with actual fights for the lead of Grand Prix and the championship.

aye alonso should not have stoped,. but he just got a pat on the back.

My Top 10 for Korean Grand Prix

1. Vettel - Red Bull
2. Hamilton - Mercedes
3. Alonso - Ferrari
4. Webber - Red Bull
5. Massa - Ferrari
6. Raikkonen - Lotus
7. GrosJean - Lotus
8. Roseburg - Mercedes
9. Hulkenberg - Sauber
10. Ricciardo - Toro Rosso

Wish Hulkenberg would get a better ride for next season.

Yeah, Hulkenberg deserves it after his performance today.

Well the only car to get ahead of Vettel today was the fire truck. A good race all the same.

No prediction from me as I couldn't log into the forum and I didn't get out of bed for the race this morning. I'm not here much these days so I guess the site was just down for a while.

i completely for got about the race so it was just as well i had it set to record. was a decent race and im sure he could have opened up the gap a lot more if he wanted, im betting he was told not to do it

Really hope pole position at Suzuka isn't Webber's final glory in F1. However I don't think anyone believes he'll be faster than Vettel in the race.

1. Vettel
2. Webber
3. Hamilton
4. Alonso
5. Raikkonen
6. Rosberg
7. Grosjean
8. Massa
9. Hulkenberg
10. Button

Suzuka usually provides us with great racing. Looking forward to this one. Enjoy folks!

Doh, missed predictions again
stupid daylight races (korea, japan and india are dinner time sunday here)
Im used to doing my predictions after the wife goes to bed (most races are midnight sunday)

Good race but i think i enjoyed Korea more.
Anyone watch Bathurst on Sunday?
Anyone heard of Mount Panorama? :)

So what did we think of the Race, Grosjean was my man of the day for his fantastic drive from 17th to third.

was hoping vettels car would time warp back to the dinosaurs but it didnt happen :(

Vettel is starting to bore me from the sport. Put him in a Force India car or one that Pic drives what is it Marusca or someting like that. If he does what he does now in one of those cars Ill respect him until then I have no time for him and hes making the sport boring for me. 30 second lead seriously ? Cmon. Sorry I wasnt able to get my pics in in time this week as I just had surgery for carpel tunnel on my left wrist and am still going through my outpatient rehab for opiate pain pill addiction. Its all on my videos if you follow my you tube channel. Sorry but it is what it is. Im getting better and actually going to see a shrink to get my bi polar, depression, OCD, and ADD under control. Family Dr said were at the end of the road for what she can prescribe time to see the higher al mightys haha. So stoaked to be going to the race in NJ next season. Anyone else up to coming to the famous state of NJ or even Texas next year to take in a F1 race with the Hootster ? Spud Ill be pming you I have a paint question for painting tanks and armor vehicles. Soon as I finish the 55 chevy I have started, and the Dinah, Ill be starting a tank and a ship. :D never did a ship. Talk to you all soon. They need to do something to get everyone else on a more level playing field to Red Bull or Red Bull is going to ruin the sport of F1. JMO

Re Vettel, we have a phrase here called 'Tall Poppy Syndrome' as soon as someone becomes sucessful people want to chop them down.

Dont blame seb for being great. He has arguably the best car on the grid and undoubtedly going down as one of the greats, just check the stats.
Why would he go to a lower team, he has already worked his way up through aka Torro Rosso where he showed what he could do. Combine that with the Red Bull team (hundreds of people) and the genius of Adrian Newey then you have an epic combination that the other teams need to pull their socks up and beat them.

I have gained more respect for Vettel especially over the last 12 months with how he has handled himself he has shown a level of maturity that was missing during his earlier championship years.
Ferrari, the team who have given them the most trouble over the last couple of years are so stuck in their ways it is hurting them, you see Fernando sitting in his plush chair while the car just sits there, meanwhile Seb is talking to the engineers and team, they are constantly looking for those small improvements in that combined with fantastic strategy let them get away from the field.

The true test will be 2014 with all the new reg. The teams that have their 'stuff' together will shine very early on and I don't think it will be Ferrari or Mercedes.

I cant stand him, i cant wait for this season to be over with, Hopefully Mclaren will be back on form next season and get button some wins.

I also hope Vettle hands webber at leat one win when he is leaving if he is in the position to take it. but i doubt he will

Latest posts

Back