F-35B

F-35 completed.
I am not fully convinced that I did the right choice of colors, and the day I build another one, I will use different schemes.
Other than that, I really enjoyed this kit: some tricky parts (for my limited skills) however, the assembly is outstanding.
So below some pics…. Feel free to comment and provide advice.

This was the 10th model I built.
I should say, that when I bought my first kit 2 years ago (M1 Abrams), I thought there were 50% chances it will end up in the bin, but at the end, I enjoyed and continued building models.
So, I decided to challenge myself for the next one, and will go for the Apache AH-64E from Takom…Takom AH-64E +.jpg
Very nice! I wish I had the room for 1/48 and larger planes. But I do not, so I build 1/72. I do really like the detail in larger scales. Your paint work is amazing!
Thanks.. and yes, they take some space.

And working on cockpit and pilot. I usually do not put pilots into planes, however, planning to display the F-35 during a vertical landing, therefore needed the pilot.. Not easy to paint in so small scale. And wanted to check that the joysticks were at the right position. The decals in the cockpit are those provided with the kit; not as detailed as the 3D aftermarket ones, but good enough when canopy will be in place
View attachment 113512View attachment 113513View attachment 113514View attachment 113515
I'm building the same plane your interior looks so much more detailed than mine. How do you paint that small?

Too shiny and clean. You’ll need to throw on some flat clearcoat with a bit of weathering.

Well yeah, there’s a difference in size between 1/32 and 1/48 scale. I prefer building 1/48 scale aircrafts over 1/32 and 1/72 scale aircrafts. But fragile? Not really unless you’re dealing with tinier fiddly bits compared to 1/32 scale.
I don’t find them fragile at all. Just be careful not to lose them off your tweezers.

This was the 10th model I built.
I should say, that when I bought my first kit 2 years ago (M1 Abrams), I thought there were 50% chances it will end up in the bin, but at the end, I enjoyed and continued building models.
So, I decided to challenge myself for the next one, and will go for the Apache AH-64E from Takom…View attachment 114777

Thanks.. and yes, they take some space.
Nice subject. Be aware it’s going to be smaller than 1/48 scale. 1/35 scale is the common standard scale for a majority of armor kits.

Latest posts

Back