G.W.H F-15c.

ohbejuan

I like this kit so far. One of my first jets. Working on the cockpit with the help of some Quinta Studios 3D decals. The sprues go up to "Z", but there are a lot of tiny ones. The fit is really good. I decided to make it wheels up, and was able to use the landing gear doors that came with the kit, and just snip off the tabs.

IMG_4085.jpeg
IMG_4084.jpeg

I like this kit so far. One of my first jets. Working on the cockpit with the help of some Quinta Studios 3D decals. The sprues go up to "Z", but there are a lot of tiny ones. The fit is really good. I decided to make it wheels up, and was able to use the landing gear doors that came with the kit, and just snip off the tabs.

View attachment 108318
View attachment 108319
Love the F-15. My favorite aircraft of all time. Can't wait to see the finished product.

I like some of this kit, and frustrated by some other parts. Generally, the engineering is very modern. I recently tried the old Academy F-15 tooling, and this is way better. The engineering of the cockpit and nose section is awesome, and leads to a sub component that you can just slide into the main plane. On the down side, I had trouble with the intakes, and the top piece pictured here. It caused the intakes to flare out just slightly. I fiddled, sanded, yelled at, etc.. with it for an hour last night, and then decided to just let it be. My only complaint is that it is a lot of money for a 1/72 scale kit but it is a nice kit

IMG_4090.jpeg

IMG_4089.jpeg
IMG_4086.jpeg

I think once it is all together, panel lined (if you are doing that), decals, missiles, bombs, fuel tanks, etc. all complete, you will hardly notice the intakes. Anyone looking at the model will not even notice the intakes slightly flared out. Us, the builders, notice every little thing. Most people (unless they build scale models also), will not even notice. At least this is what I tell myself when I cannot get something to work out the way I think it should be. As always, we are our own worst critics.

I think once it is all together, panel lined (if you are doing that), decals, missiles, bombs, fuel tanks, etc. all complete, you will hardly notice the intakes. Anyone looking at the model will not even notice the intakes slightly flared out. Us, the builders, notice every little thing. Most people (unless they build scale models also), will not even notice. At least this is what I tell myself when I cannot get something to work out the way I think it should be. As always, we are our own worst critics.
yes! I think you are right. Thanks for the reminder!

Their 1/72 kit is far better than the 1/48 IMO. I have done both, and was much happier with the 72. Plus, the 48 was originally wrong. Later releases have replacement parts to correct the mistakes. Same for their E. Youre doing well!

My 1/72. Its an E, but they are pretty much the same build wise.

20221003_215752.jpg

Ooh, I did not know they had an F-15

I am almost done building their 1/72 F-14 and it had a crazy amount of parts for that scale

There were options for just about anything that could be opened or positioned and it looks like this kit is the same way

Yes. I think I needed to do some more research before starting. But I just wanted something that fit together well, so I could work on some painting

I decided to abandon this kit. Third in the row. I find I am really impatient lately. I try to remember that I took up this hobby to learn a bit more patience. Too many mistakes. Gaps I missed, I scuffed the canopy, and lost a few parts. I did like the air brush practice. I will work on slowing down for the next kit. I think I will stop buying third party decals and bits for a while, and lower stakes. Anyway, here is how far I got.

IMG_4101.jpeg

I decided to abandon this kit. Third in the row. I find I am really impatient lately. I try to remember that I took up this hobby to learn a bit more patience. Too many mistakes. Gaps I missed, I scuffed the canopy, and lost a few parts. I did like the air brush practice. I will work on slowing down for the next kit. I think I will stop buying third party decals and bits for a while, and lower stakes. Anyway, here is how far I got.

View attachment 108678
I hate when that happens. I have trashed 2 kits in a row this past 6 months. An A10 that would not just go together. Too many gaps and parts not matching up on seams. That was an old Tamiya kit. Right after that was a motorcycle by Hasegawa that would not line up rear axle or anything else for that matter. Every part was an adventure. Trashed that one also. I also have a patience problem. I have caused build problems by not being patient. Sometimes I just can't leave the build alone for curing of paint or glue. I have to keep picking it up and looking at the next step or checking out the paint. I really have to work hard to slow down and let things dry and cure before moving on. The worst part of trashing a kit is the wasted money I could have spent on a better choice of kit. Live and learn I guess.

I hate when that happens. I have trashed 2 kits in a row this past 6 months. An A10 that would not just go together. Too many gaps and parts not matching up on seams. That was an old Tamiya kit. Right after that was a motorcycle by Hasegawa that would not line up rear axle or anything else for that matter. Every part was an adventure. Trashed that one also. I also have a patience problem. I have caused build problems by not being patient. Sometimes I just can't leave the build alone for curing of paint or glue. I have to keep picking it up and looking at the next step or checking out the paint. I really have to work hard to slow down and let things dry and cure before moving on. The worst part of trashing a kit is the wasted money I could have spent on a better choice of kit. Live and learn I guess.
Yeah this is exactly how I feel.

Latest posts

Back