F-16 Aggressor

letsgobrowns82

Well here is where Im at with this kit. It's been slow going for the past couple months but thanks to some free time I'm getting some work done on it. I free handed the camo scheme with my new badger renegade which is an awesome airbrush and I would highly recommend it. So I've still got a ways to go but I'm happy with where its at so far.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Fantastic freehand work. Love that agressor scheme. Great looking build.

Now that the lockout is over, who are the Brownies going to spend all that money on?

Thanks ;D I'm not sure who they'll go after in the free agency. I thought maybe a #1 reciever but from what I've heard they are happy with the guys we have or they have a lot of faith in that Greg Little we got from North Carolina. Im just glad we are having football this fall, I just ordered my tickets for the home opener last night ;D can't wait.

That Aggressor is looking good.

And, as to recievers, I'm hearing that Roy Williams will be available

Thanks, I'm just working on finishing up the decals. Its such a time consuming task with Aircraft Models. I will get some pics up probably tomorrow. As far as football goes we will see pretty soon here what they do. Im sure all the teams are scrambling to get everything done before the season kicks off.

Thanks Scott & Moon Puppy! Here are some new pics as promised. I've got just about all the decals on now but it still is going to be gloss coated after the rest of the decals then another shade of weathering and streaking.

Nice airbrush work on the aggressor camo paint scheme.

JMac

JMac said:
Nice airbrush work on the aggressor camo paint scheme.

JMac
Thank you, but I really can't take full credit because like I said my new airbrush sprays so nice. It was such a fine line that I was able to freely create the scheme as I was going instead of trying to tape and envision what it would look like.

Okay well heres the a closer look at the cockpit/seat which is an aftermarket by aires. This was my first time working with photo etch and resin so I was a little nervous but its amazing the detail they can pack into these parts.

Thanks! I just finished the decals after three days of tweezers and Q-tips. Im going to let it sit until saturday and spray it with future, then run one more quick wash over it, and a couple streaks here and there. I have to say though I am so impressed with this kit. Tamiya really did a great job with the molds. The panel lines soaked up the first wash so well. I've gotta get the canopy done and the missiles and I will be just about done. More pics soon!

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback! I really appreciate it. I am trying to get some work done this weekend and I will put up more pics.

the camo paint job is outstanding, nice clean finish, and it is constructed very well, no seems are visible, just great, awesome work!

Just wanted to update a few things here. I dont have a lot of new work done on this kit. Life has been hectic as of late. Last week my wife gave birth to our first child. He came a week early but he is healthy and we are happy to be home with him finally after a long week at the hospital. So again thank you everyone for your kind comments on this kit that I am trying to wrap up. I have enjoyed it so much that I ordered and recieved another Tamiya F-16. This time their Block 25/32 and I picked up some "Wolfpack" decals since Kunsan AB was one of the bases I was stationed at when I was in the Air Force. I hope to have this kit done in a couple weeks and I will post final pics of the kit.

Latest posts

Back