Ertl Star Destroyer

Just Mike

Here's something I picked up last night and finished. Hope you like

DSCN7346.jpg

DSCN7345.jpg

I suppose I should tell you a little about it.

I painted it gloss black first then lightly sprayed white over it to give it some sense of dimension.

Looks really good, Mike. Looks like you avoided most of the fit problems with it

JM - have you thought about using the detail sets available from StarshipModeler ?

Saw some interesting sets early today.

Are you going to detail the nose section ?

cobraleader said:
JM - have you thought about using the detail sets available from StarshipModeler ?

I have. When I get a raise and they get them back in stock.

first, I wouldn't know what to weather on it. It looks pretty much the way I want it now already.

I actually had this for three years. I remember my daughter was only a month or two old when I got it. Only trouble spots are the seams along the superstructure's seams - where the walls meet each other and where they meet the hull. There are some very large gaps when assembling so don't worry about getting it right during assembly (don't use too much force when doing it is what I'm saying). I filled them with CA and baking soda. Didn't even bother sanding and smoothing them. Looks okay for not having done that.

I covered up the slits in the bottom of the hull because I wanted to hang it from a ceiling but the boss (my wife) says no hanging models. Kids don't live here ::)

nice build like the paint job. got one of these to build did you have any issue's with the fit of the upper and lower hull's i've only test fitted them and they don't seem to fit to well.i want to light and put a sound chip in it with the collision klaxon. thank for your time.

john

I think you're right. Whatever it is, it's missing. May have to get another one and do a review.

nice work. like your idea of pre shading the whole model in black. did u use spray gun or rattle cans?

Yeah... there is a FORWARD section missing.... in the upper structure...

any parts left in the box ??? was is a Ebay find ?

anyway ! should be too hard to come by one and make a duplicate....

later and happy modeling !

Norm.

Out !

I used a rattle can for the black and white.

It was an e-bay find. i should have known that $9.99 was too good for a complete model.

ugh missing parts!!! i guess never buy an opened kit on the bay. i use rattle cans for large areas too. i primer with plasticote always. but i preshade w an airbrush.

Latest posts

Back