Ertl Cuda build

Yes , I look up the MSDS then call Rustoleum to make sure .
It's an alkyd ( enamel ) so a paint stripper safe for plastic or the sanding that you're already into .
The Krylon , or one of the Krylons is a lacquer acrylic so the isopropyl would work -- but definitely not on an alkyd resin .
Ok. Will keep trying.

Easy Off oven cleaner or the other stuff people use to strip enamel from plastic

20210706_124105.jpg

So this is where its at. I used a Q tip and toothpaste to polish the plastic. As of now, I can go no further until I can get either super fine sandpaper or some kind of polishing stuff.

Hella better than it was, but still not clear again.

At least it's detached from the coachwork .
I thought it was glued in when you first mention the issue .

If you have rubbing compound for auto paint, or Novus polishing liquids.. it'll take the fog right out of the plastic.

When building your paint booth you can build it using thin ply or plastic sheets from s plastic supply. Build with hinges to make it folding for storing when not in use if in the garage get a fart fan install in wall or ceiling build a air box and install hose fitting six inch vent out make a hose fitting at the top or back this way you can evacuate any overspray and dust. I think they make quick snap attachments for the vent duct these days and the aluminum ducting is flexible and durable though the plastic is cheap.

Last edited:
Btw apologies for the poor mans paint booth. I will be getting a decent one before starting the Enterprise.
I actually found this a great idea. I don't have a dedicated modeling space, so I am always looking for good mobile ideas. I could do this in my driveway!

When building your paint booth you can build it using thin ply or plastic sheets from s plastic supply. Build with hinges to make it folding for storing when not in use if in the garage get a farther fan install in wall or ceiling build a air box and install hose fitting six inch vent out make a hose fitting at the top or back this way you can evacuate any overspray and dust. I think they make quick snap attachments for the vent duct these days and the aluminum ducting is flexible and durable though the plastic is cheap.
I am gonna buy one of those fold up ones for now, as I have to get a new car soon, but definitely would follow your advice if I can ever build one.

I actually found this a great idea. I don't have a dedicated modeling space, so I am always looking for good mobile ideas. I could do this in my driveway!
When I had the YT show I'd frequently use a box right at the bench when I would film.

When I had the YT show I'd frequently use a box right at the bench when I would film.
Some heavy duty double corrugated boxes would be ideal they can break down and fold away and cut a hole for your fan vent get one of those plastic vent attachments and epoxy glue it or vey a small plastic fan and glue or bolt on so you don't have to look for it whenever you need it when you fold up it shouldn't be too bulky or heavy. Good luck on whatever you do

Some heavy duty double corrugated boxes would be ideal they can break down and fold away and cut a hole for your fan vent get one of those plastic vent attachments and epoxy glue it or vey a small plastic fan and glue or bolt on so you don't have to look for it whenever you need it when you fold up it shouldn't be too bulky or heavy. Good luck on whatever you do
Hmmm... now ya got me thinking...

Latest posts

Back