Endeavor over Mount Hollywood

ModelMan

Here's everything I got of the Shuttle. A buddy got an invite to JPL so he went there. I decided Griffith Observatory was the best vantage point and climbed Mt. hollywood. At 1,600 feet, the small crowd was way above the Observatory, giving us a view of the entire flight path around the County.

From the moment Endeavour cut in from the water over Santa Monica to circling downtown to disappearing on it's way to the Queen Mary at Long Beach, to its return up the coast to fly over us, circle over Universal, back around us and downtown and it's way over to JPL before finally disappearing on its way to Disney, we had more than 10 full minutes of prime viewing at nearly eye level and at its closest, mere hundreds of feet away.

Pt1 Arrival and climb to Mt Hollywood
Skip if you don't want to hear me talk of the morning's adventure which began at 330am.
My trip to see Endeavour pt1

Every moment of good or decent footage I got.
Pt2 Shuttle passes
Space Shuttle Endeavour from Mt. Hollywood 9/21/2012

Title says it all.
Pt3 Epilogue
My trip to see Endeavour pt3. End of the day.

Thanks for sharing the videos, there was some pretty good shots. I know what mean with glare off the LCD screen, to bad the manufacturers can't come up with some kind of small plastic shroud to cut the glare down. Just something that clips on only when you need it.

You were lucky ! or you are lucky !

Not many peoples got to see this LIVE !

Thanks for sharing !

Karl.

Latest posts

Back