A fly over P-51's and a B-25

Thanks very much for sharing this, John.
Always love seeing these old warbirds in the air

Awesome man. You're lucky to see something like that from your driveway.

I do feel lucky to see them. Most of the locals have been complaining, they wanted to see new jets, not the old prop jobs.

Texas A&M is still considered a military school, so every football game for the last I don't know how long has had some sort of flyover.

But this year due to budget cuts, they stopped that practice. What the association of former students did to replace it was to take donations to finance the older planes to do the flyovers. So now I get to see stuff like this.

I will try to do a better job of being informed about what is coming and where they will be stationed. Maybe I can get some close up pics.

Grendels said:
I do feel lucky to see them. Most of the locals have been complaining, they wanted to see new jets, not the old prop jobs.

Texas A&M is still considered a military school, so every football game for the last I don't know how long has had some sort of flyover.

But this year due to budget cuts, they stopped that practice. What the association of former students did to replace it was to take donations to finance the older planes to do the flyovers. So now I get to see stuff like this.

I will try to do a better job of being informed about what is coming and where they will be stationed. Maybe I can get some close up pics.
Do you have an aircraft museum fairly close to you?
I'm lucky to have The American Airpower Museum near by.
So when the Airshows come around I just go over and catch them on the ground.

Nope, no air museum anywhere near here. I have to just watch my sky's and see if I see something flying by. The good thing is that most of this stuff follows a schedule that is public so I can find out usually a day or two in advance and get the cameras ready....

Latest posts

Back