Early 60s Willys

noname

I need something new to start while resting my back. CT got me wound up for a Willys. Although I don't see my paint being as nice as his. I will do a nice shiny build for a change.

Going to do an early 60s Gasser with this kit.

025_zps4a35dadd.jpg

Using these wicked awesome pie crust slicks from AMT.

030_zps40843ac0.jpg

And this nice AMT Olds engine (thanks to a friend) I've been saving for this. It is period correct.

027_zpsc1e49516.jpg

This should be fairly easy. A little bit of detailing but the kit itself supplies everything I need so no need for scratch building. Not much to it either really. Although I'm not sure how much time I'll have for this with my other builds going on. ::)

I started off by doing a little work to the tranny and heads. Here you can see the "bumps" on the front of the head. I usually add these if there aren't any. And I drilled my plug wire holes while I was at it.

003_zpsff439618.jpg

And I built the tranny linkage for a bit of under car detail. The shifter, which could be made from a stick pin, would stick out of the top rear linkage part. I already drilled the hole.

005_zps4e017894.jpg

That is it for now. It actually took most of an evening to do that linkage. After a little cleanup I can prime it. Thanks for stopping by.

The moon tank needed a bit of an upgrade. So I redid the filler and added a couple places for the fuel lines. A quick and easy fix.

046_zps6125ef59.jpg

And as usual, I cut up the axle so the wheels could turn. I messed up the linkage bits trying to separate them but scratched a few new pieces to fill the void. Again, an easy fix but big improvement in my opinion.

068_zps8d7fd2f2.jpg

What a great kit. This thing has hardly any cleanup to do. All the pieces are there for a 60's Gasser. Just a few details (and a change of engine/wheels for me) and we're off to the races. Literally.

I'm making a little progress on mine. I've got it buffed out and the chassis is together.

Okay guys. Looooong overdue but I finally did some more on this.

The ladder bars that come with the kit are a big thick for my liking. So I cut the tabs off scratch built the rest. They look much finer and not as chunky now.

90b628a8-31de-47ed-8989-9c436b60b771_zps280fa665.jpg

I will add bolt detail after they are painted. That way I can paint them a different colour and it will be easier.

Latest posts

Back