1941 Willys Gasser

Many thanks. The Willys has been one of my favorite cars since I was a kid.

That's nice CT love the paint job. Candy or straight metallic red ? What did you use for clear coat ?

Keep the updates coming :eek:

rookie said:
That's nice CT love the paint job. Candy or straight metallic red ? What did you use for clear coat ?

Keep the updates coming :eek:
Thanks Rookie. The base coat is from House of Kolor (Brandywine) and the clear is from Dupli-Color. It is an acrylic clear. It's my first time using it and I think it's a keeper.

Many thanks Matt. I was very pleased with the paint. I used Dupli-Color acrylic enamel Clear (rattle can) for the first time and I was impressed. I went over it with some Tamiya compound followed by Meguiars Ultimate Polish and finished up with Novus # 1. Looking forward to more updates on yours.

Thanks for the explanation CT. I usually use Dupli-color rattle cans as well for shiny paint jobs. But I think it's a lacquer?

Yea, most Dupli-Color is Laquer so I was very surprised to see an acrylic enamel on he shelf. Lacquer is probably more durable but I had an itch to try something different.

image_zps504eaa4d.jpg

I've never had any luck with the old Testors enamel. I found it too thick. But I can see Dupli Color working much better. Their lacquer levels out very nice.

That's a beautiful Willys, CT. Outstanding finishes especially the body. Job well done, sir.

dazed1 said:
That's a beautiful Willys, CT. Outstanding finishes especially the body. Job well done, sir.
Thank you very much dazed1!

Latest posts

Back