Dragon Sd.Kfz.186 JagdTiger Henschel Produciton Type

adampolo13

Hey Guys,

So if I didn't have enough on my plate with weathering the 88 and building the HET I decided to take a crack at some more WWII German armor. Well, I didn't really have a choice. I was watching World's Greatest Tank battles last night and thought "wow those are cool." Well, this afternoon after we went and got our Christmas tree I had a sober black out. Next thing I knew I was driving home from the hobby store with this in my hands saying "how did I end up here?" Well, I have to say the kit itself is pretty cool. It comes with an aluminum barrel, brass shell and round, brass shackles, P.E. and magic tracks. I believe there are 698 pieces in this thing so it should build up into a nice little model. Well, there isn't anything small about it but I'll get to that later.

So here we go.

Great Box art.
2012-12-02_21-41-26_738.jpg

Road wheels are glued together and dry fit on to the suspension. I haven't sanded all the seam lines yet but you can see the detail on the wheels themselves here. A pin wash or two will really make these pop!
If your going to build this kit, be sure to watch the instructions. The kit calls for the use of Part A1 in the wrong place. A bit of dry fitting and common sense and you'll be fine. I just relied on lots of dry fitting. ::)
2012-12-02_21-38-05_231.jpg

I couldn't resist putting the top of this beast on. I purposely didn't take pictures of the details at this point. I gotta keep you guys coming back for more.
2012-12-02_21-41-16_502.jpg

I've been playing around with my camera's, lighting, photo editing etc. Here are two pics cropped with a white background. I'm still figuring all that stuff out. Thanks for the help T!
2012-12-02_21-43-49_518.jpg

2012-12-02_21-44-31_910.jpg

Now, this is where I get really excited. Look at how big this thing is next to the 88!
2012-12-02_22-00-24_299.jpg

2012-12-02_22-00-50_153.jpg

Now, just for giggles:
2012-12-02_22-01-43_567.jpg

2012-12-02_22-01-50_116.jpg

Yup, its on the HET trailer!!!!

Alright, that's it for tonight. More to come soon.

Thanks for checking it out!!!

Adam

Nice ;D And those pics look good, it's worth the little effort to get the background, lights and editing down because it makes your model look better than actually is sometimes ;D (all though saying that it does also show up the flaws :-\)

Nice start Adam!!! Looking froward to you putting this beast together!! ;)

Thanks guys for the nice comments. I've really been having a lot of fun lately!

I've been thinking about how I want to paint this one...
Going to try and figure out how to show some wear and tear with the heavy chipping fluid etc. Lay down red primer etc...

I'm def going to be bugging you guys for some help with that.

;D

That was fast adam, road wheels clean and assembled 638 pcs to many parts for a small tank :D

Perfect... Another modeler with lots on the bench.

Great start. It is an impressive vehicle for sure. Looking forward what you are going to do with it.

Hey guys,

I've been feeling guilty all day about not showing the mis-instructions with the suspension and the road wheels. So, I'm going to go back and show you.

IMG_0286.jpg

The instructions call for A1 to be installed on both the left and right side of the hull at the very front of the tank. Then, it calls for B1 to be installed on the back side of the tank. What caught my eye right away was that A1 in the instructions looks nothing like the actual part. Then I looked at part B1. What really confused me was that there was only one of them and the instructions are calling for two. So, I disregarded the call out for A1 completely and installed the regular suspension piece from the G sprue. This then left my the Two A1's to use for the rear and final piece of running gear. I hope that this explanation will help anybody else who may build this in the future.

I also fooled around with my camera a bit more. Here are some detail shots...
IMG_0271.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

IMG_0276.jpg

IMG_0277.jpg

I'll build some more tonight. ;D

have you a plan for a color Adam? this will be just wicked to paint and weather

i feel this kit may end up in my stash one day, its a mean tank killer! great start on it Adam!

Nice work on said beastie Adam!!! I'm with spud on this...going to weather up real nice!!!! ;D

The Jagdtiger always reminds me of a pyramid. It is one evil looking tank!

Hey guys, so the misses had Indiana Jones on tonight and I couldn't escape the living room. So, I brought my build into the house. ;D Again, all the credit for that idea goes to Ken. Although, I did use my self healing cutting mat... ::) hahaha. Well, this was after we ate nice beefy cheeseburgers for dinner. Really, they were pretty good.

Anyways, back to the build. The instructions show that I should glue all the small delicate parts on to the separate hull plates and pieces than try to glue it all together. I sat there thinking that sounds like a bad idea, what if one of the plates doesn't fit that well or I need to sand something. So, I decided to just go ahead and glue all the hull pieces together. I was even able to dry fit the barrel on this thing. The kit does have a full breach etc but I didn't put it all together as I'll never see in there.

Anyways, here are a few mock up shots.

2012-12-03_21-17-27_68.jpg

2012-12-03_21-17-50_454.jpg

Thanks for following along.

Nice job!! Even better sneaking into the house with the build!!! You are on Fire my friend!! ;)

Latest posts

Back