Dragon Flakpanzer I

Ola Andrei

That is some really neat interior painting you have going on there. Love the lived in quarters. Looking forward to the rest of the vehicle.

thanks guys! this is definitely a learning experience for me since its the first time im doing an interior!

some continued work, all effects achieved with AK Interactive products:

all the remaining parts have been added, painted, and weathered. the chair is muddied as the driver would (possibly) be stepping on it as he enters/exits the tank:
DSC_5081.jpg

DSC_5082.jpg

with the upper structure in place, it can be seen why most of the weathering is concentrated in one area since it is the section most exposed to the elements:
DSC_5084.jpg

this little tank has definitely seen a lot of action!

thank you for looking and happy modelling! ;D

some more work done:

the instrument panel was painted and weathered as was the underside of the top structure (cant really be seen):
DSC_5088.jpg

the Flak 38 is also nearing completion, just some smaller parts to be added. its still able to disassemble into smaller assemblies for painting:
DSC_5086.jpg

the trailer is also complete:
DSC_5087.jpg

i also started fitting the tracks. while i thought snipping them from the sprue was tedious, putting them together is even more tedious especially considering theyre about 5 mm by 8 mm in size! i used masking tape to hold them together, added some cement where they join and when the cement dries a bit, i put them onto the model:
DSC_5085.jpg

small pieces of sponge was used to provide pressure to help the tracks to conform to the wheels and also impart some track sag. i find that the sponge provides just the right amount of pressure to make the track sag seen in reference photos of the Panzer I Ausf. A chassis:
DSC_5089.jpg

thats all for today! thanks for looking! ;D

very clean builds buddy and love the new way i will be doing my tracks nxt time

Great work as usual!
Sponge trick is added to my toolbox ;D thank for that !!!

Zappa

Ola Andrei

Again. Nice looking interior. And that Spongetrick is superb. I love things that excell in simplicity.

hi all, more update pics before its exam time again:

the build is now complete and ready for paint, additional parts such as tools are left out for separate painting.
DSC_5109.jpg

DSC_5110.jpg

The 2cm Flak 38 has been completely painted in a custom mix of 3:2 Vallejo Black Grey to White. Parts such as the telescopic sight, barrel, and magazine in black, and for color variety, the chair in leather brown:
DSC_5105.jpg

DSC_5104.jpg

here it is with the shield in place. Hopefully the plain Panzer Grey will be a nice base for further weathering:
DSC_5106.jpg

thats all for now! thanks for looking! ;D

Yeah that is really coming together nicely Andrei. Great grey coat of paint. Flak looks the part as well.

thanks a lot for the comments guys!

@Roman, your Flakpanzer looks really great! the PE work is just outstanding!

i decided to skip the PE as the set cost more than the kit itself and i dont yet have the necessary folding tools to work those complex pieces!

Thanks Andrei, I agree, PE set was very expensive, but I got it as a result of trade together with a kit from a person who felt that he would never be able to build that upgrade:) And of course tools is something you have to invest extra for these shiny things...plus it extends building time and tests your patience :)

Bizarre said:
Thanks Andrei, I agree, PE set was very expensive, but I got it as a result of trade together with a kit from a person who felt that he would never be able to build that upgrade:) And of course tools is something you have to invest extra for these shiny things...plus it extends building time and tests your patience :)

would have agree with you etch can be a very testing medium to build with, can only the basics with it,and still need to figure out how to do those german tool clasps lol ;)

Latest posts

Back