"Don't worry. She'll hold together." - 1/72 FM Falcon build

Thanks, guys. I'm beginning the laborious process of putting all the hash marks on the falcon. Tedious, but it should add a lot of detail.

This week I found some time to work on the Falcon and to begin my favorite part of the process... weathering. I started applying the first filter over the base color... Abteilung German Ochre. The base coat needed to be warmed up a little and the german ochre does the job.

But before applying the filter I went in with a gundam marker and put all the little hash marks that appear all over the ship. Here you can see the hash marks and also the filter. The left side of the image has the first layer of the filter and the right side doesn't.

59F97C03-43B0-4C06-A83A-34B2860F518D_zpssv169aig.jpg

I also did the bulk of the painting of the death star tiles. I gave each one a slight different shade of grey. I still may go back and add different tonalites as well as do some weathering on them.

E2FAAC16-27CB-4C8E-BCCB-3981242F1015_zpsauvydq8c.jpg

1A3C17C2-1565-4DB1-9587-482A6A85F2E0_zpsan9rl96b.jpg

3BC84D9A-CFB0-449E-932B-AEA22661E12F_zpsbylpstzs.jpg

And here's the falcon with a couple more layers of filtering with german ochre. Warming it up inch by inch.

B599398E-A151-417A-8D47-AD789819C606_zpspejbtbuh.jpg

Thanks for looking. Comments welcome.

Looking cracker Senorjacob, this has to be one of the finest, best thought out FM MF's yet

Every update looks better & better

J

Very nice! I have one on (under?) My bench as we speak. Planning for it to go in a "Millennium Falcon VS Slave1" dio, fingers crossed. I've been trying to come up with a mounting solution, and the gooseneck is perfect! Keep it up!

Ps Abteilung is good stuff huh? Just got a couple colors and the Fantasy Pigments to do my Falcon and a few other kits.

Thanks, mandoman.

Here's a very small and update. Got some more weathering done. Still going to do some streaking and discoloration of individual panels.

0A18F375-274B-46D5-B8FF-8CDFF75E5DA7_zpsaktsddqn.jpg

Thanks, John. That's actually my main concern. Is it overdone? When I first applied some German ochre filter it got way too warm. I had to sand it back with fine grit sanding pads. The result was more gray/less warm, but also some interesting surface patterns because of the sanding.

Anyway, hopefully it's not to dark.

Where you see a lot of work, I see a model that's very close to finished
Dang, that's good work

Thanks, Q!
I haven't done much with the side walls yet. And there's still some streaking and pigmenting to do. But I am liking where it's going. I just need to take it slow and not rush things. That's when I get into trouble.

J

Latest posts

Back