DL-44 ANH blaster prop

omg... starwars nut that wears a clone trooper set of gear wealding a resin blaster.. ;D

as for teh hairspray there is also the new AK shipping stuffs bit more costly but they dont stink up the room and have yer woman asking if thats her hair spray or yours...

i just got the shipping stuff today so ill be using it on the tiger.

now Sand on...

spud said:
omg... starwars nut that wears a clone trooper set of gear wealding a resin blaster.. ;D

I know i'm only making the hole deeper for myself but i MUST just correct you.......

It's a Storm Trooper helmet. :p ;D :) ;)

Sanding is all done i'm now busy making a mess with Araldite...

63342d1d.jpg
969058fb.jpg

Now hurry up with that Tiger because i wanna learn how to make link tracks and chip things! ;)

TTFN Matt

Must...........resist............urge...........to strike a Han Solo pose. ;D

a13419cf.jpg
fd826407.jpg
c3308669.jpg
220f2f64.jpg

P.S. The scope is just blu-taked atm.

TTFN Star Wars Nut

How about a Dremel or other rotary tool to carve away the excess around the muzzle flash supressor? Use a conical metal carving bit to remove the bulk of the material, then use a sanding drum to smooth it out. Keep the rev's low or else the resin will either melt or catch fire or something.

What he said, Necro beat me to it! But Wow this builds into a great piece! Good job mate. P.s like your music choice, a bit of pearl jam & The Offspring never hurt anybody!

Also, when you carve out the nozzle, you can fake the thickness more and more as you get further in. Keep the small end of the nozzle thicker and have it get progressively thinner towards the front opening. Also, you could add a strip of Evergreen on the front edge of the nozzle and putty it in to create the illusion that it gets even thinner at the front edge.

that looks pretty cool. and i put up a few pics to show you teh process of teh tracks, paint shipping to come soon. now this is your topic so carry on.

schweinhund227 said:
Where can I buy one ? and how much damage to my wallet?

This is wicked! I love it!

@schweinhund227. This prop/model is sold by a small company called Doopydoo's.....

http://www.doopydoos.com/star-wars-props-and-replicas-31-c.asp

Their website doesn't seem to be active at the moment :(, i sent several emails and had no replies, a shame because they also sold a DLT-19 Heavy Blaster kit which i wanted. The model i have Santa (family) picked up from eBay from Doopydoos themselves for about £40, i'm not 100% sure as it was a present. If you would like i can keep an eye on the UK ebay for you and grab one if it comes up, they sell quite quickly i believe when they do come on ebay. Just let me know if you want me to have a look for you, i'm on ebay all the time anyways. lol

@ziz. Thanks for the ideas, yeah cheating and making the end thinner while keeping the rest slightly thicker sounds like a good idea because i dont want to make the muzzle to brittle, i'm not too sure this resin would take kindly to too much punishment.

Well i just got in from work so no modelling yet today but i have been sneaking a look now and then at the Alclad website, i think i'm going to try the regular line of paints and go with Aluminium over a grey primer. I'm after a bare metal look not a polished metal look.....I'm hoping to make this look like a real weapon thats worn through lots of use, i dont think that a high shine metal look would look that real on a weapon.

My E11 has a fairly intact paint scheme and looks 'clean' just the way the Empire likes things, i'm hoping to chip and weather this a little more.....apologies for the mess in the back ground. lol

404d1400.jpg
6d75e421.jpg
6be768fd.jpg
7adc390f.jpg
511f0bce.jpg

I'll hit the hardware/Destroy It Yourself stores tomorrow and look for a conical carving bit of some kind, i do have a Dremel with a sanding wheel which i may try tonight if i'm feeling awake enough to try. lmao

Thanks for looking

TTFN Matt

I gotta tell you, taking a dremel to end of that thing scares me to death and it's not even mine. Dependng in the quality of the resin you could end up with a broken muzzle quite easily. :-\

Small update.

Got the primer on late last night, actually more like early morning ::), had a few problems with the primer drying really fast on the airbrush needle...i also had a spot of trouble supporting the model while i primed it.

e8097877.jpg

Noticed a lot of spots that are in need of a second coat and i had to remove a couple of runs in the primer where it seems i got it a little too thick. :-\

bab5da90.jpg
88283d13.jpg

On the whole tho it seems the primer has covered quite nicely, despite the few hiccups, also my AK stuff arrived today including light and heavy chipping solution....looking forwards to giving this stuff a go. ;D

13bfd6d5.jpg

Right i'm off to order some retarder for my paints. :p

Thanks for looking.

TTFN Matt

Looks great with the primer on! You'll fix up those little hiccups in no time. :)

Nice haul fubar ;D im about to use teh heavy shipping on my van roof. you can also mix them to get a kind of medium between the two

Thanks guys, yup your dead right this thing makes you feel like Han himself ;D it fits in the hand real nice, much more comfy than any modern handgun i've held.

Second coat of primer is drying as i type, managed to touch up all the odd bits and hope to start laying some colours on it tomorrow. :)

TTFN Matt

Latest posts

Back