How many other people here use the leftover stuff from a kit (in my case some small I-beam like shaped plastic sprue) to build something else to add onto their model or maybe for a different model/diorama altogether? I had a couple leftover 500lb bombs so I decided to make some “Bomb Racks” from the “I-beam looking” pieces leftover on my sprue. I also made up a “drop rack” for the extra fuel tank that goes under the P-40 plane, it didnt look right with it just stuck into the hole in the plane. At least this way I can use something to resemble wire and attach it to the bracket to make the “release mechanism”. Im definitely getting my old modeling thoughts back the more days I spend doing them. Tomorrow im going to be ordering a airbrush kit, getting a few more models so ill be next for the next Month or two and painting will be as amazing as I used to have it, none of this clear rubbing off all the paint down to the plastic with the brush strokes.

Let me see what you have made out of nothing as Im very interested to see what everyone else has had for ideas!!

P.S I will be adding more pics once its all finished and painted and hung up on the plane as Ive envisioned

C5CD1863-A9B7-4FD4-B00A-7E92338A0150.jpeg

09BF1A86-E93D-4597-B6A0-C4A2E165C612.jpeg

How many other people here use the leftover stuff from a kit (in my case some small I-beam like shaped plastic sprue) to build something else to add onto their model or maybe for a different model/diorama altogether? I had a couple leftover 500lb bombs so I decided to make some “Bomb Racks” from the “I-beam looking” pieces leftover on my sprue. I also made up a “drop rack” for the extra fuel tank that goes under the P-40 plane, it didnt look right with it just stuck into the hole in the plane. At least this way I can use something to resemble wire and attach it to the bracket to make the “release mechanism”. Im definitely getting my old modeling thoughts back the more days I spend doing them. Tomorrow im going to be ordering a airbrush kit, getting a few more models so ill be next for the next Month or two and painting will be as amazing as I used to have it, none of this clear rubbing off all the paint down to the plastic with the brush strokes.

Let me see what you have made out of nothing as Im very interested to see what everyone else has had for ideas!!

P.S I will be adding more pics once its all finished and painted and hung up on the plane as Ive envisioned

View attachment 116682

View attachment 116683
I keep everything that's left over. I have racks of drawers for all the different parts. Pantherman

Ohh sweet its just a USB plugin too eh. Im glad I wont have to worry about wiring anything in. I might get get a small metal inline fan for at the end of the exhaust tubing to help with drawing everything in and out

I have tried to keep all my lights and other items on USB, so much easier. Pantherman
I have been thinking recently about building another booth, a mk 2 if you like. I will wait until our company strips out a kitchen and then borrow the extractor and maybe use this for the back of the new booth. Lot's of thoughts at the moment so still working on the final design but I hope to build this one for nothing, just recycling old stuff. Pantherman

I have been thinking recently about building another booth, a mk 2 if you like. I will wait until our company strips out a kitchen and then borrow the extractor and maybe use this for the back of the new booth. Lot's of thoughts at the moment so still working on the final design but I hope to build this one for nothing, just recycling old stuff. Pantherman
I love how your building something so useful, awesome looking and probably something any modeller would use for nothing. Lol. The MK1 was awesome I cant wait to see what the MK2 will look like.

I save all spare parts regardless of subject be it by land, air, and sea. You’d be surprised what you might need down the road.
Same here........on my last project I used a 1/35 scale German helmet as the body for a 1/16 scale oiler in my King tiger. Added some other odd bits for the spout and handle.

Auto spares are a gold mine. I once had a big ol’ tin - 12” Dia. x 4 or 5 inches high. Ended up tossing them when I moved in my home. Didn’t think I was gonna return to this hobby then. Now I wished I hadn’t.

I had everything - engine blocks, valve covers, manifolds, carburetors, air cleaners everything in between as well as tires, rims/wheels.

Auto spares are a gold mine. I once had a big ol’ tin - 12” Dia. x 4 or 5 inches high. Ended up tossing them when I moved in my home. Didn’t think I was gonna return to this hobby then. Now I wished I hadn’t.

I had everything - engine blocks, valve covers, manifolds, carburetors, air cleaners everything in between as well as tires, rims/wheels.
I really think my next kit I get is gonna be a tamiya 1:24th car kit. They have some of my favourite 90’s JDM cars

Back