Detailling the DML Kettenkrad

FAUST

Ola people

Hope you won't mind me spamming the board so early after registration. This is a nice example of how 80 percent of my projects end up as. Starting out as something very simple. Ending up really elaborate. This is a built that already started some time ago and has been standing still for a while. I recently got the idea of picking it up again. So I hope you don't mind me getting you up to speed about the project first.

It started with a DML Kettenkrad with 88mm Puppchen. And I also got the Eduard PE set for it. I also got some books about the Kettenkrad one of which was a collection of my own walkarounds that I made into a book at work. I started with detailing the engine and transmission. Which was hugely simplified in the kit.
KFZ2_025.jpg

KFZ2_026.jpg

KFZ2_039.jpg

KFZ2_040.jpg

Some random Doodads
KFZ2_033.jpg

KFZ2_030.jpg

KFZ2_042.jpg

Buttoned up to see if it all fitted inside that small place. Also opened up one of the stowage bins.
KFZ2_044.jpg

Did not like the handholds at the back. DML made them way too clunky. So I scratched those from copperwire and evergreen.
KFZ2_046.jpg

Under the rearseat of the Kettenkrad was a toolbox. I scratched that as well
KFZ2_052.jpg

And will be filled with
KFZ2_053.jpg

KFZ2_054.jpg

Overview
KFZ2_055.jpg

This is how it is now. Waiting for the last few things to do and add and then it is onto the primer.
KFZ2_066.jpg

It is quite a long post I know. Apologies for that.
I also sculpted two figures for it
KFZ2_081.jpg

KFZ2_097.jpg

KFZ2_100.jpg

Ok that is it for now. I will pick this one up soon and finally finish it.

With friendly greetz

Robert Blokker

Wow! Amazing attention to detail. :eek: It's a shame you won't be able to see much when it's all assembled.

Hey FAUST! First, welcome to the Herd. Hopefully you will find this to be a great website. 2nd, Your build looks great so far. To that point, you wont hear anybody complaining about build pictures etc. I think its safe to say we all love the build logs and updates! Keep 'em coming!

Welcome Faust, glad to have you here! Your work looks great. Thats some awesome scratch work your doing, keep posting updates. Cant wait to see more.

welcome and wow the attention to detail is superb looking forward to seeing it with colour

Excellent scratch work!!! These details will make this just pop under some paint!!! Great work all around!!!

Hiya Robert

Always like some extradetailing, gives the model that little extra oomph, sure is great stuff you are showing here. Impressive that you do some bit of figure sculpting as well!

Cheers

Blog on, Faust. I like following super detail projects 8)

Ola Guys

Thank you all for the kind words and compliments. I'm glad you all like it so far.
I hope I can show you more of this project soon but I am a very slow builder and I usually work on several projects at the same time. So I hope you can be patient with me.

@ Ken

Thanks a lot for the kind words. Really appreciated. As soon as I have new pictures I will post them here.

Latest posts

Back